Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 10:14 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,023 times

Advertisements

I for one am shocked.

I mean, a SEC team bending the rules, so it ain't so. What's next, Oklahoma players selling coke or getting paid at a car dealership...oh wait.

Report: Alabama Crimson Tide to vacate football wins - ESPN

Gee, I hope that they don't have to vacate all of them. The NCAA needs to stop picking on the good lil' program of Alabama that does absolutley nothing wrong, ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 10:31 AM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
There's a reason people say the SEC stands for "Schools Excelling in Cheating"

Old 06-11-2009, 10:35 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
There's a reason people say the SEC stands for "Schools Excelling in Cheating"
That cracked me up

Looks like Tennessee under Lane Kiffen should continue this tradition.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:35 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,073,491 times
It's a shame because between things like this, weak admission standards, celebrity treatment, and boatloads of other wrongdoings, honest schools like Rutgers will never be able to compete on a large scale nationally.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:51 PM

623 posts, read 1,542,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
That cracked me up

Looks like Tennessee under Lane Kiffen should continue this tradition.
He'd have to cheat first. Unless you actually think secondary violations, which we've reported all of 6 this year, are cheating. They are quite minor and nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

If Lane's going to get us on probation for secondary violations, I guess The Ohio State University will have to drop football all together:

The Columbus Dispatch : Oversight vs. privacy at OSU

Quote:
About 4,000 violations a year are reported to the NCAA, many of them unknown to the public because of FERPA. But one thing is certain: Ohio State has more than most. Florida, for example, reported 112 violations since 2000, and Oklahoma reported 224.
UT (the real one) has made the choice to release their secondary violations, unlike most schools. They're meaningless.

Open up your minds folks. ESPN is nothing more than a ratings hungry promotional station. These stories on Kiffin are commercials for SEC football this fall, which just so happened to sign a billion dollar contract w/ESPN. Funny how these things work.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolDude View Post
He'd have to cheat first. Unless you actually think secondary violations, which we've reported all of 6 this year, are cheating. They are quite minor and nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

So he has had 6 violations before he has even coached a UT game. Like I said Tennessee should continue in this tradition.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:31 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,311 times
Quote:
UT (the real one)
Welcome to the board, I like it. choo!!!! choo!!

But really, you guys are gonna be dogshiit this year, *texas*, not so much.

You guys back up that smack and beat UF this year and I'll sing your praises, I don't think it's gonna happen though, but if it did, I'd be stoked.

got nuthin against UT(tha real one) LOL.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
So he has had 6 violations before he has even coached a UT game. Like I said Tennessee should continue in this tradition.
Wow, just a bit clueless.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Wow, just a bit clueless.

What that your coach is getting trouble before he has ever played a game. I wouldn't worry I'm sure your years of mediocrity will continue.

Oh and the real UT is in Texas

Old 06-14-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Welcome to the board, I like it. choo!!!! choo!!

But really, you guys are gonna be dogshiit this year, *texas*, not so much.

You guys back up that smack and beat UF this year and I'll sing your praises, I don't think it's gonna happen though, but if it did, I'd be stoked.

got nuthin against UT(tha real one) LOL.
I expect us to finish somewhere around 8-5 or 9-4 after the bowl game. That's not up to our standards of course, but certainly not dog****.

UF will pound our eyes in, but they would have regardless of any comments by our coach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football