Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 01:49 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
One question I do have for you is that why do Florida consistantly play weak Div 1A teams and teams like Charleston Southern (Div-1AA)? And always at home as well?

One thing I will say for USC is that they're not affraid to schedule those big teams, even though the PAC-10 varies from year to year and is not as strong as the SEC and maybe a few other conferences.
I have no idea why they do that. I don't make the schedule. they played miami, fla state, and hawaii OOC last year. they win the games they have to. they beat the unbeatable ohio state in the NC 3 years ago, and stuffed one of the greatest offenses of all time last year. I am not too impressed with USC playing UVA, ohio state, and notre dame OOC last year. I mean, duke destroyed UVA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 01:51 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
That's what Florida fans like....not playing the games. That's the only way they could keep Utah from winning the National Championship last year.

Back to the topic of the thread:

Overrated: Ohio State, Penn State, Florida State, Michigan, USC
Underrated: Boise State, BYU, Utah

no, the way they stopped utah was by playing in the SEC, and then beating the big 12 champ. utah is a non factor. they should join the pac 10 so they can play in big games. florida would have beaten them by between 150-275 points. it's a large spread, but at least a buck fifty.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:41 PM

977 posts, read 1,955,697 times
Just like #1 Georgia was going to beat them by that many points too...then they actually had to play their game, and we see how that turned out. Why is Florida so afraid of actually playing the game? If the MWC is so bad like you say it is, then what do you have to be afraid of? Ending up like Georgia...that's what.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:17 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,517,133 times
I think Penn State is sometimes over ranked...sometimes under rated....last year they were neither!

Old 07-19-2009, 01:45 AM

And by Georgia I of course mean Alabama...Georgia just sucked all around last season.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
And by Georgia I of course mean Alabama...Georgia just sucked all around last season.
why did you say utah beat number 1 georgia. alabama wasn't even number 1. they were probably the 3rd best team in the SEC. florida beat them 31-20, and utah beat the 31-17. florida was without percy harvin for the alabama game, and alabama was without andre smith, the outland trophy winner, for the utah game.

I don't recall florida saying they wouldn't play utah. I remember utah's schedule telling florida that they wouldn't play for the NC.

michigan
UNLV
utah state
air force
weber state
oregon state
wyoming
colorado state
new mexico
TCU
san diego state
BYU

florida has a couple cupcakes every year, but not this kind of feast. alcorn state could have gone undefeated against this schedule.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
yup, georgia did suck all around last season. guess that's why their QB went #1, and they had the first running back selected.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:44 PM

Florida said they wouldn't play Utah when their conference signed a contract with the BCS to keep half the teams in division 1A from having any chance of playing in the Naitonal Championship game.

A high draft pick doesn't equal a good player. Do we need to bring up Ryan Leaf? Stafford and Georgia didn't do shít in the NCAA last year (what'd they lose, 4 games?), and I will put a decent amount of money that Stafford and the Lions won't do shít in the NFL this year. Of course if they manage to win 1 game, he will be the hero, but we will take a look at his numbers.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
michigan - Who could know 5 yrs ago that they would suck this bad
UNLV - Marginal
utah state - Cupcake
air force - Decent
weber state - Cupcake
oregon state - Who did USC lose to?
wyoming - Cupcake
colorado state - Marginal
new mexico - Usually decent, had an off year
TCU - Good
san diego state - Suck
BYU - Good
Alabama - Good

florida has a couple cupcakes every year, but not this kind of feast. alcorn state could have gone undefeated against this schedule.
Lets look at Florida's:

Hawaii - Suck
Miami FL - Suck
Tennessee - Suck
Mississippi - Good
@ Arkansas - Suck
LSU - Decent
Kentucky - Suck
Georgia - Decent
@ Vanderbilt - Suck
South Carolina - Marginal
Citadel - The Cupcake of Cupcakes
@ Florida State - Decent
Alabama - Good
Oklahoma - Good

Florida's schedule was only marginally tougher than Utah's, especially considering Florida plays in a far "stronger" conference. Again, what are you afraid of by playing a "mid-major" in a bowl game?

Old 07-19-2009, 04:31 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,604,477 times
You are really gonna give UNLV and CSU a marginal while giving Miami a suck? Heck, even Hawaii went bowling last year along with Miami and FSU. (UF OOC)

I'm not a fan of UF but, Really?! Marginally tougher? lmao. Just look at how many UF opponents went bowling. A crapload more than Utahs.

UF also BLEW out most everyone last year, Utah had at least 4 serious squeakers.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 07-19-2009 at 04:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football