Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 08:27 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
You've gotta respect ECU for scheduling the way they do every year. I wouldn't be surprised if those Tobacco Road schools quit scheduling ECU. I hope y'all get picked up by the ACC, SEC, or Big East at some point.

We pretty much have to schedule that way now (we've been doing it for years, though. As an independant for almost 20years we did pretty well for ourselves)

You do know that we start up a series with your squad here in about 2 years, right?. Should be a good one. I think its 3 in Columbia, 2 in Greenville and 1 in Charlotte. Or something similar. I'm looking forward to it.

Tell ya the truth I wouldnt mind if we didnt play NCSU and UNC but only occasionally. They look down on us and try to down play it. Hell right now our game is the only one UNC has sold out.

I think for the next 7-8 years we have long home-home series set up with Navy, USC, UNC, NCSU, VT, WVU and UVA.

I think at this point the only hope we have is for the Big East (even that is a very small chance, IMO). I mean we already woulf be in the top half of attendance for the Big East (averaged almost 43,000 last year and expanding to 50,000 after this year)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 08:32 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jared422 View Post
LSU Tigers

@ Washington
Louisiana-Lafayette
Tulane
Louisiana Tech

LSU should go 4-0 vs. these teams.

Yes they should!!!

Old 08-12-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Well, you know the SEC won't pick them up. ECU mans up with their OOC schedule and that'll rock the boat.
Good point!!

Old 08-12-2009, 08:35 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,543 times
Rubber-

We're not sweating Phil Steele. Heck, we do better when expectations are lower.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Rubber-

We're not sweating Phil Steele. Heck, we do better when expectations are lower.

BTW...thanks for J Stew!

Old 08-12-2009, 09:38 AM

193 posts, read 534,610 times
Texas should have begged a BCS school to play them this year instead of going to Wyoming. Is it too much for all the BCS schools to have one OOC game against a BCS opponent every year?

Old 08-12-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktanner View Post
Texas should have begged a BCS school to play them this year instead of going to Wyoming. Is it too much for all the BCS schools to have one OOC game against a BCS opponent every year?

USC does it every year. Actually, they usually have multiple OOC games against BCS schools.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
USC does it every year. Actually, they usually have multiple OOC games against BCS schools.

Too bad one is against ND.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Too bad one is against ND.
I totally agree with you, either they fire Charlie Weiss or SC should put a hold on their "rivalry". Which I don't think will hapen.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:19 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,966,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
ECU:

App State (home)
West Virginia (away)
UNC (away)
VT (home)

Looks to be the toughest listed in this thread so far.

The 1st three games listed are our 1st three games of the season. VT is a home Thursday night ESPN game in Nov.

I can see 4-0, I can also see 1-3. We did beat WVU, UNC and VT the last time we matched up. We have almost our entire team returning, plus the key is getting injured players back (last year I think we had at one point 17 starters injured). Our Oline will be the 2nd most experienced Oline in the nation. Our QB is coming back for a 6th year (3rd year of actually seeing playing time). We are very deep at RB and DL and have 2 very good playmakers at WR. Hopefully we can have some depth at WR and our DBs play good.

I may be a bit biased here, but I dont think they will beat the Heels strictly because of the Heels' defense. I just dont think ECU has the offense that can overcome what can be a very dominant defense. The Heels are also experienced on O, but the achilles heel could be the WR spots. They are very young and inexperienced at WR and it could be a challenge for Yates and the WR's to get on track for the first 2 or 3 games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football