Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 06:40 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
BTW...thanks for J Stew!
Nice to see he is doing well. I now know a few Panthers fans in Eugene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 06:25 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
I may be a bit biased here, but I dont think they will beat the Heels strictly because of the Heels' defense. I just dont think ECU has the offense that can overcome what can be a very dominant defense. The Heels are also experienced on O, but the achilles heel could be the WR spots. They are very young and inexperienced at WR and it could be a challenge for Yates and the WR's to get on track for the first 2 or 3 games.

I dont know if its bias or just unaware of what we have coming back. I'm sure UNC will be good. No question about that. But our D is gonna be very good too. The only question mark I have is DBs. And UNC lost their whole offense minus Yates.

It should be good though as the biggest question mark on your team has to go against the biggest question mark on my team. (You WRs vs our DBs)

Old 08-13-2009, 08:25 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,967,388 times
Quote:
I dont know if its bias or just unaware of what we have coming back. I'm sure UNC will be good. No question about that. But our D is gonna be very good too. The only question mark I have is DBs. And UNC lost their whole offense minus Yates.

It should be good though as the biggest question mark on your team has to go against the biggest question mark on my team. (You WRs vs our DBs)

our D will be one of the top D's in the country this year. Also, we didnt lose our whole O.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
our D will be one of the top D's in the country this year. Also, we didnt lose our whole O.

All I can say is "we'll see". Cant wait for the game myself. Should be a very good one just like the last one was. I'd say they're one of the top 4 or 5 opponents I'm looking forward to this year.

Last year UNC was 26th and ECU was 39th in scoring defense. I wouldnt say either is elite. I do know we're bringing back 9 starters on that side, though.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:42 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,378,752 times
Penn State fan here, and man have we got some tough games on our non-conference schedule:

We kick off the season with Akron, a team that was oh so close to being .500 in the MAC last year.

Then we get Syracuse, a team that is only 5 years removed from tying for the Big East title.

And if you thought Akron was tough, our next game is against a team that actually DID finish .500 in the MAC last year, Temple. They were almost good enough to go to a bowl game!

Then we get a little break with a couple of Big 10 games- Iowa and Illinois.

Finally, in our non-conference finale, we have to take on the Eastern Illinois Panthers. They share their name with the Carolina Panthers, who had a 12-4 record in the NFL regular season last year, so you KNOW they're good.

Yes, it looks like PSU will get no rest during September and October. I'm just glad all these non-conference games are at home or we'd really be in trouble.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:01 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcity View Post
Penn State fan here, and man have we got some tough games on our non-conference schedule:

We kick off the season with Akron, a team that was oh so close to being .500 in the MAC last year.

Then we get Syracuse, a team that is only 5 years removed from tying for the Big East title.

And if you thought Akron was tough, our next game is against a team that actually DID finish .500 in the MAC last year, Temple. They were almost good enough to go to a bowl game!

Then we get a little break with a couple of Big 10 games- Iowa and Illinois.

Finally, in our non-conference finale, we have to take on the Eastern Illinois Panthers. They share their name with the Carolina Panthers, who had a 12-4 record in the NFL regular season last year, so you KNOW they're good.

Yes, it looks like PSU will get no rest during September and October. I'm just glad all these non-conference games are at home or we'd really be in trouble.
+1

Got to love the sarcasm. It's cool to be able to laugh at your own self/team. I hope Penn State wins the Big 10 this year.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:43 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,686 times
I have come to the conclusion that Florida International has the best OOC schedule in the nation. They play Alabama, Rutgers, Toledo and Florida. I would like to challenge anyone to come up with a tougher OOC schedule.

Last edited by Just One of the Guys; 08-17-2009 at 12:12 PM..

Old 08-18-2009, 04:48 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,452,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I have come to the conclusion that Florida International has the best OOC schedule in the nation. They play Alabama, Rutgers, Toledo and Florida. I would like to challenge anyone to come up with a tougher OOC schedule.
Virginia Tech?

Alabama (netural venue)
Marshall
Nebraska
Miami

Comes close

Miami

@Florida State
GA Tech
@Virginia Tech
Oklahoma

but the fact Florida International play at Alabama,Florida and Alabama gives them the edge, havn't had a chance to look properly at schedules though

Last edited by mattyj46; 08-18-2009 at 05:00 AM..

Old 08-18-2009, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Virginia Tech?

Alabama (netural venue)
Marshall
Nebraska
Miami

Comes close

Miami

@Florida State
GA Tech
@Virginia Tech
Oklahoma

but the fact Florida International play at Alabama,Florida and Alabama gives them the edge, havn't had a chance to look properly at schedules though
Not sure your VT sched is correct. ECU plays them this year (Thursday night game) so I think you need to take out Miami.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:49 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,279,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Virginia Tech?

Alabama (netural venue)
Marshall
Nebraska
Miami
Quote:
Not sure your VT sched is correct. ECU plays them this year (Thursday night game) so I think you need to take out Miami.
Pirate fan is correct; Va Tech vs. Miami is a conference game. Va Tech non-conference schedule is:

Alabama (in ATL)
Marshall
Nebraska
at ECU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football