Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2009, 06:28 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,181,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by free_food View Post
Texas had that game served up to them by the refs. Enjoy your "bowel" game Texas, you pretty much suck. The only good outcome of the night was crybaby Tebow, LOL!

The refs didn't do the last kick off for Nebraska.

When you are needing to stop a team from getting into field goal range, you don't have your kick off go out of bounds.

Surely there are some farm boys in Nebraska who can kick off between the lines.

If you can't---------you shouldn't be kicking off for a college team.

Keeping a kick off inbounds is not very difficult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 06:39 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,837,835 times
Marmac is right. If there is any crucial time for keeping it in bounds it is when you are 2 points up with less than 2 minutes to go in the game, it is that one. But give credit to Nebraska. Nobody gave them a shot and they almost pulled it off. Their program looks to have a bright future.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:41 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,179 times
So who wins all the rep pts? I'm too tired and hung over to look.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:48 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
So who wins all the rep pts? I'm too tired and hung over to look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
Texas 14
Nebraska 10

I was tempted to predict a higher score for Texas but I think Nebraska's defense will be very tough.
TT Dave got it.

No one else was remotely close in this one, besides me and flying writer, but we both had Nebbish the winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwriter View Post
Florida - 21
Alabama - 23
And I think flyingwriter got this one.

If you click that little arrow next to the quote, it takes you to their post for easy repping.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:57 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,059 times
I think Florida was a bit of a paper champion this year. They played a weak schedule and frankly, should have lost before this, cough, Arkansas, cough. Alabama looked better last night. However, there have been times that the Tide have looked beatable and should have lost, cough, Tennesee, cough. I do think a team like TCU would bring a stout defense and solid offense against Bama and it would be a great game. Since it won't happen, I would love to see TCU do some damage against Florida raising even more questions regarding the superiority of the major conferences, cough, SEC, cough.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:58 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,184 times
Texas played awfully, just awfully ... there's absolutely no doubting it from the eyes of this Longhorn. Colt's performance was unbelievably below par and we sat at home, shocked. Their defense however was superb, as was Nebraska's. Nebraska played an awesome game and they damn near kicked our ass. Man, the Huskers taught us a thing or two last night. Nebraska was not robbed, however ... they lost the game in part because they made some critical mistakes that allowed Texas to get in position for the win. Teams that make mistakes usually show themselves to be the lesser team, and both teams had crappy offense last night ... Texas's offense was simply slightly less sucky. I have nothing but praise for the Huskers and they should be proud of their performance last night. They wore us out and almost left as the champions.

At the end of the day, mistakes were made by both teams and nothing short of divine intervention gave us that last second 47-yard field goal. All the whining about bad calls, refs cheating, etc. sounds like nothing more than pissed off fans who didn't get the result that they wanted. I know it's easy to judge a team by it's final performance, but go back and review Texas's stats for the year and look at some of the great teams they played. They were a powerful team that remained undefeated throughout the season and although last night's performance is one to be mocked for certain, they earned their right to go to Pasadena. If they get beat by Alabama, they get beat. Let the game be decided on the field on January 7th, and not online five weeks prior by a bunch of keyboard quarterbacks.

And on to the subject of Tebow ... I can't believe some of the comments I'm reading about the guy showing his emotion out on the field. He just lost the last game of his kickass college career, and he lost it bigtime. This is a big, tough kid ... he's nobody's *****. The fact that he cried only showed how important that game was to him. Give him credit for that amount of passion. At some point in the final minutes of that game he probably saw his entire college career flashing before his eyes - the highs and the lows. He accomplished a LOT during his tenure at Florida and it all ended on the field last night. I'm sure all of you big tough guys at home can say you've ever experienced something just like that, eh?

Old 12-06-2009, 07:59 AM

Cool, lets all rep TTDave and Flyingwriter!

Since I'm a husker fan i think I should also point this out. Anyone else think the Huskers would struggle against a solid High School defense? Because I do. ****, there offense is soooooo bad.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:59 AM

1,466 posts, read 4,357,461 times
My scores were way off. Who would have thought the the no-defense-playing-Big XII would be the defensive battle of the night and the high-power-defense-SEC would have so many points scored. Obviously not me. That was the first time I have seen Texas or Nebraska play this year. Texas sucks and Pelini (sp?) seems to have brought back the Black Shirt mentality to the Huskers.

It was nice to see a Big XII North team actually look like a real football team. That is usually a really weak division.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
I think Florida was a bit of a paper champion this year. They played a weak schedule and frankly, should have lost before this, cough, Arkansas, cough. Alabama looked better last night. However, there have been times that the Tide have looked beatable and should have lost, cough, Tennesee, cough. I do think a team like TCU would bring a stout defense and solid offense against Bama and it would be a great game. Since it won't happen, I would love to see TCU do some damage against Florida raising even more questions regarding the superiority of the major conferences, cough, SEC, cough.
Of course Florida was a paper champion. The media had Tebow's nuts on their chins all year long. It was pathetic.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
My scores were way off. Who would have thought the the no-defense-pplaying-Big XII would be the defensive battle of the night and the high-power-defense-SEC would have so many points scored. Obviously not me. That was the first time I have seen Texas or Nebraska play this year. Texas sucks and Pelini (sp?) seems to have brought back the Black Shirt mentality to the Huskers.
Texas and Nebraska have been playing great D all year long. Hence the fact they are both top 5 D's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football