Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2009, 11:33 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,106,991 times

Advertisements

I didn't think that the canes could keep playing catch up and still win the game. I was screaming yes and 3 min later I was swearing like a sailor! It's games like this is why I can't stand the big ten and I dropped the badgers 6 years ago. Plus I lived in Boca for a year so I guess that's why I claim them as my team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 11:56 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,783,561 times
How bout them Canes. It was a great game.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:22 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,453,791 times
That missed PAT from FSU really came back to bit them in the end.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:56 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,121 times
Free Sneaker U goes down!!!!!!!!!! Jacory Harris looked pretty good last night, but I like the power and speed of the Miami RB tandem.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:59 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,219,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
That missed PAT from FSU really came back to bit them in the end.
no it didn't - they converted a 2pt conversion which got that point back

Old 09-08-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Free Sneaker U goes down!!!!!!!!!! Jacory Harris looked pretty good last night, but I like the power and speed of the Miami RB tandem.
yep - free shoe u should always be on the losing side of these close heartbreaker games ...... just feel right that way

still a tough 3 game stretch ahead and I don't think shannon is making much progress as the head man - but like whipple on the staff, it's nice to see a fleet of WRs again and the RB tandem is nice - also the return game could be special this year

Old 09-08-2009, 01:47 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,121 times
Ok someone explain to me wth Randy Shannon was thinking NOT kicking the ball deep half the night and excepting the penalty on 4th & 2 that FSU turned into points? I was an advocate of Radnt Shannon but after watching his "coaching" last night I agree he's not ready for the big time.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:27 PM

738 posts, read 2,956,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
Thanks for acknoledging the Hokies as a decent adversary. Tyrod needs to do more running and the offense overall was unimpressive.

Jeez' the Tide Linebackers were HUGE and POWERFUL.

VTech should still have a good year, I hope we can edge out Nebraska at home though.

I had the same thought about the linebackers. After one of the first series of the game, I was amazed at how huge Bama's LBs were compared to everyone on our team. Those guys were huge. Kudos to bama though, you guys are gonna have a good year and I'll be rooting for them to do well the rest of the season.

Even though our offense looked completely inept against Bama's D, I saw a few flashes of potential promise. Ryan Williams looks like he's the real deal, and I'll be curious to see how the O-line holds up against a normal D-line (bama is prolly top 3 D-line in the country). Tyrod might end up doing ok when we play a non-elite D. I don't expect anything stellar out of our O, but I do think they'll begin to gel a little earlier in the season this year.

I didn't get to see too many other games this weekend as I was at the mother-in-laws From what I saw of the OSU-Navy game, I think the buckeyes have got to be a bit concerned about their game coming up against USC. That could be a bad one for the 'shoe.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:51 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,453,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
no it didn't - they converted a 2pt conversion which got that point back
Lol damn I was watching the game as well, how the hell did I miss that

Old 09-08-2009, 03:54 PM

it happened right after the interception TD - wasn't anything dramatic about it, was a pretty easy conversion

which helped make those 3 shots at the end of the game from the same distance a bit more of a white knuckle affair

really fun game all the way through though - tempted to record the replay on classic tonight in case the season doesn't go so well I'll still have something to smile about
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football