Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2009, 08:14 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,871,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
Hopefully not. I really don't want to see Bob stoops get his butt kicked in another BCS national title game. Please Florida and Texas do not lose so the country won't have to watch Stoops embarrass himself in the national title game again.
^^ This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 09:09 PM

459 posts, read 804,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I never said they will. And you are really that confident? LOL.

If you are impressed with either one of those teams then you are one of the few that is.

Funny I just say that I think OU handles UM next week. Then a Horn fan chimes in something about OU in the MNC game that is 3 months away.
Then, I just say that I think UF and UT are not going to run the table, and a different horn fan chimes in some BS about OU, obsess much?

You guys wonder why everyone that doesn't live in the state of texas (and some that do) laugh at horn fans, it's because every other word out of their mouth is something about OU. LMAO.

I know the OU D line will be by far the best one ut has seen all year, and the way Colt has looked so far, I wouldn't be acting confident, most horn fans I know aren't. He's throwing picks left and right against ****box teams.

HAHAHAHA!! I don't think anybody is obsessed with Bob Stoops and OU. I just don't want to see the most overrated coach in college football get embarrassed again on the big stage. Do we really want to see Urban Meyer outcoach Stoops again.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:46 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,021,184 times
I was watching a pre game show on ESPN and the talking heads were making their predictions, they all picked Miami and were saying how they are a top 5 team and really jumping on the bandwagon to help hype up the team along with everyone else on Sportscenter and then- BOOM!! Miami looses, hahahahahaha, those fools dont know crap, experts my a$$.

and 24th ranked Washington losing was no surprise, I knew they were not the 24th best team in the nation, they really need to do a better job when making these polls.

and Iowa is a good team, I picked them on the other thread about winning the confrence, but what surprises me is.... they went from unranked to the 13th best team in the country-- they should hold off on the rankings untill October.

Last edited by desert sun; 09-27-2009 at 09:55 PM..

Old 09-27-2009, 10:41 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,871,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
and Iowa is a good team, I picked them on the other thread about winning the confrence, but what surprises me is.... they went from unranked to the 13th best team in the country-- they should hold off on the rankings untill October.
But then how would the media possibly hype up all the games in September? I mean, who is going to want to watch the big game pitting unranked vs. unranked? Or who will be getting excited to see unranked go down to an unranked team? It will *never* happen. I'd say a playoff system is more likely than not having poll rankings for the first 4-5 games of the season.

One thing I thought was interesting was that Texas Tech was never ranked this season. I kinda think they should have been, at least after their first two wins (following their good season last year). Maybe even after the Texas loss.. If you watched that Texas Tech-UH game, the UH fans were acting very much like they beat a ranked opponent...

Old 09-27-2009, 11:14 PM

977 posts, read 1,955,375 times
Quote:
Please Florida and Texas do not lose so the country won't have to watch Stoops embarrass himself in the national title game again.
Oklahoma will lose when they go to Lincoln in a few weeks. That will take care of that.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:28 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,021,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
But then how would the media possibly hype up all the games in September? I mean, who is going to want to watch the big game pitting unranked vs. unranked? Or who will be getting excited to see unranked go down to an unranked team? It will *never* happen. I'd say a playoff system is more likely than not having poll rankings for the first 4-5 games of the season.

One thing I thought was interesting was that Texas Tech was never ranked this season. I kinda think they should have been, at least after their first two wins (following their good season last year). Maybe even after the Texas loss.. If you watched that Texas Tech-UH game, the UH fans were acting very much like they beat a ranked opponent...

I get what you are saying, but im tired of these people on ESPN hyping up teams. They just show they dont really know what they are talking about and are no better at predicting games than a 4 year old off the street.

I hear you about TX Tech, I was pulling for them but Houston is a good team and it is big for a team like Houston to beat a team like TX Tech. Almost the whole Big 12 is a tough confrence. I tried to get the time off to go to the TX Tech/New Mexico game next week but I cant get the time off but my family will be there in Lubbock, they live close by.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:05 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,646 times
Quote:
the most overrated coach in college football
I get it now, that whole foot in the mouth disease.

If you think Stoops is overrated, I'd hate to hear to what you think about Mack Brown or let alone the other 110 plus coaches in FBS that aren't as successful as Stoops.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Oklahoma will lose when they go to Lincoln in a few weeks. That will take care of that.
Toughest road game of the year for OU IMO. We have to go to Lawrence and Lubbock as well. The odds that we win all 3 of those are slim, but its all fun!!

Old 09-28-2009, 07:25 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,788,774 times
Who do you think will win the big Nebraska-Missouri clash next week?

Old 09-28-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
Who do you think will win the big Nebraska-Missouri clash next week?
Tough call. I'd have to wait to see the spread. My gut thinks Mizzou will pull off the upset at home. Tough one. That crowd will be ready.

I'll say this, I think Mizzou beats either Nebbish or UT this year, not both though.

Anyone else got any thoughts? I love big time Thursday night games, this weeks are real snoozers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football