Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 11:31 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times

Advertisements

Wow LeGarrette Blount just lost all my respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 12:11 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Wow LeGarrette Blount just lost all my respect.
Yeah, that ended rather poorly.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:34 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Well the Defenses ruled the show tonight between my Boys and South Carolina. At least we didn't get shut-out, but we had some good chances in the 4th quarter to take the lead, just couldn't hold on to the ball.

Congrats to SC but I'm a little bummed out after this game, I expected a little better out of the 'Pack tonight.
Me too, I had them in my pick 'em.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:36 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolDude View Post
Great to see SEC refs are still total disgraces. The only person left for the NC State returner to beat was the kicker, so they probably would have scored a TD and subsequently won the game. I thought the offensive pass interference call against USCjr in the first quarter that cost them a TD was very ticky tacky myself. Disregarding the bad calls, the NC State receivers let their team down with their drops.

The ***** celebrated like they won the NC or something. NC State's defense may be the worst of any BCS conference team. They apparently don't teach wrapping up in Raleigh. Unfortunately for them USCjr has a horrible offense.
Yes, the refs started the season off with a bang, huh?

Old 09-04-2009, 06:05 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,968,943 times
Yeah, how do you miss a call like that? The referee was looking right at him when it happened. You cant tell me that wasnt some favoritism towards SCAR on the part of the referee.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:07 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,454,725 times
That was a huge missed call, honestly I dunno how you miss something like that, the way he came down gives you enough to throw the flag.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:09 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,606,903 times
I'm pretty sure it was the same ref that gave the ball to USCe on that out of bounds fumble, got reversed, but to me it was obvious the guy was out of bounds. And then that pathetic missed call? Somethings up.

USCe looked like dog****, and they are suppossed to be one of UF "tougher" games? LOL.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:11 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,454,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I'm pretty sure it was the same ref that gave the ball to USCe on that out of bounds fumble, got reversed, but to me it was obvious the guy was out of bounds. And then that pathetic missed call? Somethings up.

USCe looked like dog****, and they are suppossed to be one of UF "tougher" games? LOL.
Lol they did look below average, I am surprised they didn't win by more though. UF will have no trouble with them though.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:59 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Carolina looked decent. It is normal for the offense to be sloppy on the first game of the season for almost every team. Defense looked fast, but the secondary needs more experience. We had some freshmen step up and play pretty well, about 6 or 7 of them played in their first college games last night.

Last edited by le roi; 09-04-2009 at 07:47 AM..

Old 09-04-2009, 09:37 AM

21 posts, read 48,197 times
Moving on...
How the hell is Boise State a 14 seed while the U of Utah is 19? I think its bullcrap sports news channels are already talking about the possibility of seeing them play for a national championship, yet no talks of Utah.
Utah was undefeated last season, ending with a win against Alabama. Yet Boise State lost against TCU, a Mountain West team that Utah beat earlier in the season.
At the very least, Utah should be ranked one ahead of Boise State who plays in a lol-Conference. Yet the U is ranked 19, and even BYU is ranked 20.
Sucks how these college football "experts" get to chose whose arse to powder and spoon feed the opportunity to play for a NC game.
If both teams go undefeated this season - - - Who should end up with the higher ranking? I think the answer is obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football