Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 06:15 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,581,155 times

Advertisements

I take great joy in the fact that it showed the world those two teams have no class.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 09-04-2009 at 06:24 AM..

Old 09-04-2009, 06:49 AM

351 posts, read 532,205 times
Whoa!!!

That punch was sick!! Dude was knocked out cold...He'll think twice before taunting a team he has just beaten again

Move over Tebow, LeGarrette Blount is americas college football golden child now

Old 09-04-2009, 06:50 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,806,705 times
The weak thing is that Blount threw the punch as the coach was getting the attention of the Boise player. Note that the guy was already turning to the coach (who was yelling) when punch was thrown. Chknsht ghetto action.

However the guy shouldn't have touched his shoulder pad...but football is high contact, and if your going to talk trash you better be willing to take it if you cant back it up. Going after his own teammates...lack of character. This is not a racial issue, more of an ego issue.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:52 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,124,981 times
what's new?

I'm getting sick of the behavior of many college football players.

Heck, it seems weekly we read of star players being suspended for violating rules or breaking the law.

Once bowl season starts, even the lure of playing in a bowl game can't keep some college players behaving properly.

Once the NFL draft nears, we constantly hear of star players projected lower cuz of "their baggage"

I think rivalries in football are great and don't need trash talking to make them better.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:54 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,124,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I take great joy in the fact that it showed the world those two teams have no class.
I agree

Old 09-04-2009, 07:07 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,581,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
Whoa!!!

That punch was sick!! Dude was knocked out cold...He'll think twice before taunting a team he has just beaten again

Move over Tebow, LeGarrette Blount is americas college football golden child now
Dude wasn't knocked out cold, he got right back up.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:12 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,937,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Dude wasn't knocked out cold, he got right back up.
I couldn't tell from the video...the Boise guy just went down as far as I saw lol

Old 09-04-2009, 07:14 AM

754 posts, read 1,917,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
I couldn't tell from the video...the Boise guy just went down as far as I saw lol

Let an obviously angry guy sucker punch right in the jaw and and see if you are still standing tough guy.

Bad sportsmanship is now something at which to laugh.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:17 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,273,369 times
Whats funny is the fans who are talking all kinds of smack to him til he looks like he is going to jump in the stands. The look of shock and terror on their faces is priceless. Everyone is all hard when theres 10 security guys in front of them. I would have loved to see him take some of those fans out.

Was it a sucker punch? Yea, but the dude clearly egged him on. To quote a line from Friday: You got knocked the f*ck out"

Old 09-04-2009, 07:22 AM

815 posts, read 2,128,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
I kind of agree with you there, BUT all the stuff Blout was talking before the game was just ridiculous, he just should of kept his mouth shut, things like that will happen if you run your mouth like that before a game.

But the Boise guy should get suspended if it was a racial slur.
Yeah I doubt the Boise St. player said a racial slur, racism of course still exists in America, but usually not so much in sports between players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
I agree Blount is a POS. Football is trash talk all game. It happens in the NFL all the time. But pull their "punches" on the field. Its obvious Blount couldn't take the trash talk and punched the Boise guy like a little sissy when he's not looking. Real @ussy.

First off its not like the Boise St player had his back turned, he turned for a brief second not even all the way as Im sure he still saw the punch coming out of the corner of his eye. Second if anything the Boise St. player is a @ussy, you dont walk up to someone, slap them on the shoulder, then talk trash to them and then not even put your guard up. Thats like rule # 1 in fighting, so dont call LaGarette Blount a @ussy just because the Boise St. player obviously does not know how to fight. If anything the Boise St. team are a bunch of punks as well as they just looked and stood there in shock. If Boise St would have been a team like Georgia or Texas the whole team would have jumped on that dude after he hit their teammate. If you walk up to me, slap me on my shoulder, then talk crap in my face Im squaring up with you instantly, Im not going to stand there with my hands down at my sides as they do me no good all the way down there if somone decided to haul off and hit me, if my hands are already up I can at least defend myself, and not end up getting knocked to the ground like that Boise St. player did. Not saying what LaGarrette Blount did was right, but the Boise St. player should have at least been able to back up the *hit he was talking. I have no remorse for anyone who runs their mouth, but cant back it up, if the Boise St player knew he couldn't fight, he should have never ran his mouth in the first place

Last edited by youngMichaelJackson; 09-04-2009 at 07:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football