Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 06:47 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,718,453 times

Advertisements

This is why we need a playoff. I don't believe this is any BSC conspiracy, but I do believe the the BSC is happy it's going down this way. I'm going to boycott this bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 05:32 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
I'm furious, and I have a real reason.... I'M A TCU FAN! And a native of Fort Worth. This is beyond unfair!

Old 12-22-2009, 07:17 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
This is why we need a playoff. I don't believe this is any BSC conspiracy, but I do believe the the BSC is happy it's going down this way. I'm going to boycott this bowl.
they've intentionally put together 2 teams that keep knocking on the door of the "bigger" teams. how convienent.

and I was looking forward to Cinny v. Florida but since the Bearcats coach is gone it will impact the game and I'm not looking forward anymore.

and I don't believe an 8 team PO will work, we couldn't even agree on the top 8 teams, there are , what, 27 bowl games, we could easily have a top 26 PO.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:25 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,367 times
Why do they get so wound up about TCU and Boise St every year? Tell them to play top level talent and they wont have to worry about not being in the BCS title game.

TCU beat 1 half way good team all year, that was Clemson. SMU, BYU, Colorado St, UNLV, SanD St, Utah, Wyoming, and New Mexico... please stop with this BS already!

Old 12-22-2009, 10:13 PM

8,978 posts, read 17,288,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
they've intentionally put together 2 teams that keep knocking on the door of the "bigger" teams. how convienent.
Actually, the Fiesta Bowl invited the two teams it felt would give the bowl game the best match-up. The organizers of the Fiesta Bowl felt that was a TCU-Boise State match-up. It has nothing to do with anyone trying to keep TCU and Boise from playing the Iowas and Georgia Techs of the world.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:08 AM

1,634 posts, read 6,718,453 times
Boise St.'s coach publicly stated that he is trying to get the big boys to play Boise during the pre-season. They don't want to play Boise. He won't say which schools, obviously. I'd like to see the PAC-12, with Boise and Fresno.

Old 12-25-2009, 10:51 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
Boise St.'s coach publicly stated that he is trying to get the big boys to play Boise during the pre-season. They don't want to play Boise. He won't say which schools, obviously. I'd like to see the PAC-12, with Boise and Fresno.
Also, Oregon St. scheduled TCU for next season.

At least someone is growin' a pair and giving these teams the proper respect they deserve.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:07 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,190,154 times
TCU used to belong to the same conference ( Big 8 ) as the other big colleges in Texas.

Maybe if they had ---a pair-- they would have stayed in that conference instead of dropping out cuz they couldn't compete.

They had their chance at " big conference football" and dropped out.

I have more sympathy for colleges who never got that chance instead of colleges who did and let it slip away cuz they couldn't compete and now are crying .

Old 12-25-2009, 11:23 AM

977 posts, read 1,956,296 times
Quote:
TCU used to belong to the same conference ( Big 8 ) as the other big colleges in Texas.

Maybe if they had ---a pair-- they would have stayed in that conference instead of dropping out cuz they couldn't compete.

They had their chance at " big conference football" and dropped out.

I have more sympathy for colleges who never got that chance instead of colleges who did and let it slip away cuz they couldn't compete and now are crying .
marmac, do some research before you make comments like that. TCU was in the old SWC with the Texas teams before the SWC broke up. Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, and Baylor got the invite to join the Big 8 to create the Big 12. TCU was not invited. TCU was never in the Big 8 or the Big 12, nor did they drop out of any conference for any reason, let alone because they "couldn't compete."

Speedaddicted, pay attention. Both Utah and BYU were ranked all season and beat quality PAC-10 teams in their bowls. Those three MWC teams are consistently in the top 25, and Air Force usually fields a decent team and cracks the top 25 occasionally. I also don't know if you noticed, but SMU was not exactly the 1-11 pushover they were last year either. Wyoming is also much improved over the past couple of seasons, including a win @ Tennessee last year (the same Tennessee who is a member of the sec, who everyone tells me can beat God), and a bowl win this year.

Just another couple of BCS fans who are scared of their teams having to play decent competition. Stick to the FCS teams guys, good job.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:35 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,190,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
marmac, do some research before you make comments like that. TCU was in the old SWC with the Texas teams before the SWC broke up. Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, and Baylor got the invite to join the Big 8 to create the Big 12. TCU was not invited. TCU was never in the Big 8 or the Big 12, nor did they drop out of any conference for any reason, let alone because they "couldn't compete."

Speedaddicted, pay attention. Both Utah and BYU were ranked all season and beat quality PAC-10 teams in their bowls. Those three MWC teams are consistently in the top 25, and Air Force usually fields a decent team and cracks the top 25 occasionally. I also don't know if you noticed, but SMU was not exactly the 1-11 pushover they were last year either. Wyoming is also much improved over the past couple of seasons, including a win @ Tennessee last year (the same Tennessee who is a member of the sec, who everyone tells me can beat God), and a bowl win this year.

Just another couple of BCS fans who are scared of their teams having to play decent competition. Stick to the FCS teams guys, good job.

okay---SWC

You trying to say that-- Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M and Baylor----- got invited but they declined to invite the " powerhouse" ?

If TCU would have been regularily beating Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A%M and Baylor they would have gotten an invite instead of one of the other 4.

TCU and great football is only--lately-- used in the same sentence.

By the way--------the last year they played in the SWC and did compete against the " big boys " they were 7-5

Maybe that explains why Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A%M and Baylor were chosen as the 4 invitees and TCU was not .

Last edited by marmac; 12-25-2009 at 11:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football