Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 05:56 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,023 times

Advertisements

For anyone who loves recruiting season as much as the fall, let's talk some football. Signing day is just around the corner (Feb. 3rd). Many teams are absolutely loaded already, whereas others are still trying to get those last minute commitments. How's your team's recruiting going? What do you expect on the 3rd? Feel free to talk about your team's recruiting, post videos of your recruits, or whatever.

Flamers (especially flamers who know nothing about recruiting) need not apply.

Oregon:

My Ducks landed a huge running back. Lache Seastrunk, from Temple, TX, the #2 rated runnning back in the nation (#4 with some sites) commited to play for U of O today. He was the fastest athlete at the Army AA game. If you have seen our back, LaMichael James, get ready for Seastrunk!

On the downside, our defensive line recruiting seems to be melting down. Anyone who follows football knows the Ducks have a lot of talent on offense, but struggle on defense. This has many fans, including myself, very worried. We need to land DTs and DEs. However, there are rumors that a certain DT, who blew up the Under Armour game called our DL coach...but rumors are usually BS. Here's a vid of Seatrunk #15 (it takes a bit to load):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VesqMpEno9I

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs191.snc3/19840_1317852434715_1482873859_858934_6857213_n.jp g (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 12:52 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
I have fading hopes that Seantrell stays home....

Old 01-30-2010, 10:02 AM

536 posts, read 413,874 times
Any good news for Notre Dame?

Old 02-02-2010, 12:39 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,023,149 times
Speaking super vaguely, I don't think Notre Dame has ever had a major recruiting problem. Just a coaching one.

I know Brian Kelley lured some kids his way.

I root for UVA and that team is hardly national plus it's in shambles to boot so I ain't all excited for the signing day biz cause our class looks weak. Like how we recruited like 4-5 QBs though.

Baltimore Sun had a good article on how Maryland pulled in a decent class ranking around 35-40. That's really something considereing they just went 2-10 and have Penn State and WVU poaching to worry about.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:29 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,187,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I have fading hopes that Seantrell stays home....

Same here.

The #2 high school recruit in the US ( some have him rated #1) .

The Mpls Tribune was holding hopes he will announce he is going to Minnesota, but that is a long shot.

The last school he was going to contact this week was Minnesota.

I have the feeling it is to tell them---" I regret to inform you......."

Old 02-02-2010, 11:26 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Gamecock fans have high hopes riding on RB Marcus Lattimore. He has narrowed it down to Auburn and USC, and will decide tonight at his church. TSN has him #2 national prospect, rivals has him #10 (#1 running back).

He grew up a Gamecock fan, and (going by rivals.com), Auburn has already signed the #11 player (#2 RB) in Michael Dyer. So it would be logical for him to sign with USC, but who knows with an 18-year old kid, you know?

I'm hoping that when it is all said and done we can pick off some Tennessee recruits that were abandoned by Hello Kiffy.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:28 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
My 'Horns got a hell of a recruiting class. And didn't even really need to leave Texas to get it.

Other rebuild...we reload.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:34 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
My 'Horns got a hell of a recruiting class. And didn't even really need to leave Texas to get it.

Basically. What a lethal class Texas has.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

Yeah, Texas is loaded!! They had a huge pickup the other day when Jeffcoat and Hicks verballed.

Let's see what Mack can do with this class... always loaded.

I'm still baffled that UT's running game is mediocre. Newton showed a little promise, but didn't wow me. The Horns picked up Cayuga running back Shead, who runs like Eric Dickerson, so that may help. I have always thought that the last 2-3 years they have been missing a good running game. Now with a SO. QB, it will be interesting.

God Bless Texas!!! I love that my Oregon Ducks will sign Lache Seastrunk (Temple), Dontae Williams (Aldine), and hopefully Josh Huff (Aldine)...the best backs from Texas...the Texas Trio....but I would trade 2 for a decent DT.

Good Luck tomorrow

Last edited by Acuda; 02-02-2010 at 10:55 PM..

Old 02-02-2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Gamecock fans have high hopes riding on RB Marcus Lattimore. He has narrowed it down to Auburn and USC, and will decide tonight at his church. TSN has him #2 national prospect, rivals has him #10 (#1 running back).

He grew up a Gamecock fan, and (going by rivals.com), Auburn has already signed the #11 player (#2 RB) in Michael Dyer. So it would be logical for him to sign with USC, but who knows with an 18-year old kid, you know?

I'm hoping that when it is all said and done we can pick off some Tennessee recruits that were abandoned by Hello Kiffy.
The ***** got Lattimore. It will be interesting to see what he does with the Ol' Ball Coach. Being a Duck prospect, and only recently calling off his official to Eugene (when we got the silent from Seastrunk #2), I've seen a ton of film on him. He looks darn good. He is quick and pretty big. He has good vision and I think he will come in and compete at USCe.

P.S.- What in the h##l was with that stupid church announcement? That had to be one of the lamest announcements, with the old a$$ techno music, since...well, when Seastrunk announced for the Ducks (where he claimed he was nervous, left the room only to come back with a Duck shirt ...kids)

Last edited by Acuda; 02-02-2010 at 11:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football