U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 09:31 PM

2,796 posts, read 5,691,013 times

Advertisements

What did you major in? Electrical Engineering
What kind of degree did you get (ie BA, BS, AS, AA, PhD, etc)? BS
What college did you go to? University of Iowa
And finally
What was your first job after graduation? Factory support engineer at John Deere plant in Dubuque. Fixed poblems on tractors and created service kits for customers. It was a blast and the pay is great!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 10:20 PM

90,377 posts, read 108,934,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Just a couple random questions for whatever reason.

What did you major in? Nursing
What kind of degree did you get (ie BA, BS, AS, AA, PhD, etc)? BSN, did some graduate work in nursing but no degree.
What college did you go to? University of Pittsburgh for the BSN; University of Colorado for grad school
And finally
What was your first job after graduation?
I was a public health nurse in Pittsburgh.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:12 PM

42 posts, read 74,455 times
What did you major in? English, Writing Track
What kind of degree did you get (ie BA, BS, AS, AA, PhD, etc)? BA (also about to finish my MAT in English Language Arts now)
What college did you go to? State School, decent rank
And finally
What was your first job after graduation? Advertising Sales for a Magazine

I worked in Advertising/Marketing a few years, then went back for my MAT, started teaching, taught abroad, and will return home to teach and work on a PhD soon.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:52 AM

16,833 posts, read 15,323,867 times
What did you major in? Undergrad: Biology and Chemical Oceanography Masters: Environmental Biology/Chemistry
What kind of degree did you get (ie BA, BS, AS, AA, PhD, etc)? Two BS, One MS, About to start PhD.
What college did you go to? University of the Philippines for two years of undergrad, Rutgers for the rest.
And finally
What was your first job after graduation? NOAA research scientist.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:59 AM

13 posts, read 31,057 times
What did you major in? Elementary Education/French; later Computer Science
What kind of degree did you get (ie BA, BS, AS, AA, PhD, etc)? BS, then AS
What college did you go to? State Univ NY; Greenville Tech SC
And finally
What was your first job after graduation? 4th grade public school teacher: then computer programmer

Old 06-20-2010, 10:07 AM

7,087 posts, read 13,598,005 times
I majored in Philosophy from The University of N.C. @ Greensboro, was hired by the State of N.C. at the hospital in Butner, N.C. AND......for those unfamiliar with the state, the "N.C." after Butner stands for "Not Co-operative" as any state resident could tell you.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:28 PM

191 posts, read 420,233 times
English
BA and MA
Auburn
Publicist for a Publishing house, then Dir. of Development overseas, then teaching

Old 06-20-2010, 07:05 PM

605 posts, read 746,864 times
What did you major in? Chemistry
What kind of degree did you get (ie BA, BS, AS, AA, PhD, etc)? BS
What college did you go to? One of the research-oriented state schools in Colorado
And finally
What was your first job after graduation? Radiochemist at a US Dept. of Energy nuclear facility

I have gone back to school and am currently working on my Ph.D. in chemistry.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:55 PM

19,109 posts, read 28,022,036 times
What did you major in? Aerospace Engineering
What kind of degree did you get (ie BA, BS, AS, AA, PhD, etc)? I currently have an AA in International Studies, another AA in Music Theory/Composition and a BS in AE. I'm going back to school to get a BS in Aviation Maintenance.
What college did you go to? Cal Poly SLO, now ERAU.
And finally
What was your first job after graduation? Well, I worked all through college, but my first Aviation related job was in the maintenance dept. of a local FBO.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:04 PM

138 posts, read 473,737 times
What did you major in? Television Production
What kind of degree did you get? BA
What college did you go to? Columbia College Chicago
And finally
What was your first job after graduation? Audio Assistant on a National syndicated talk show in Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities