U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2011, 01:42 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,529,280 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if this is posted in the right section, but I will post it here for starters.

I am an extremely indecisive person. After completing my undergrad degree in Finance in 2009, I am still unsure as to what I want to do. Although i've always had an astute interest in the foreign/world markets because they are always changing. I feel that I am a suitable candidate for such work since I like constant change.

I have been applying to a plethora of jobs, nothing too specific, just whatever gets my foot in the door. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, although most are finance related. I'm ready to start a career and get out of retail/customer service since I no longer enjoy the work and the commission based pay is very unreliable.

Analytics have always interested me as well. I recently decided to buckle down and start researching what I want to do because I would like to go back to school and specialize. I've come down to accounting analysis or fixed income analysis. Both seem like interesting prospects. I'm interested in the accounting analysis for the simple fact they deal with the ever changing laws based on the GAAP, FASB and local laws and regulations. Not to sure about world markets. Fixed income analyst deal with fixed securities and are more market based. Both also require a great deal of research, which I enjoy.

Which one seems like a more suitable fit for my always changing demeanor? Maybe I am missing some important specifics of both that would also be important in my decision. What are some good entry level positions that I can start to apply to that would make me a suitable candidate for analyst positions in mid-level career?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities