Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 01:34 PM

28 posts, read 66,930 times

Advertisements

Hello I have an ok job and about 50-59 college credits.
I work for a small company now and everybody at my job has a degree.
I think they assumed,I had a degree and never checked,because alot of small buisness dont like spending money on college background checks,but there is also a guy at my job with just an associates so maybe they dont care.

anyway i just want a quick rinky dink degree online on something just
to have it in my tool box it could be a BS liberal arts degree or buisness adminastration degree, I just want it to be fast as possible and online preferably
because my job travels alot.

Im just afraid if I ever got laid off my options would be limited
to small companies or hourly jobs.

Are there any diploma mills or pretty fast online schools at decent prices
that are relativly easy work wise,that will pass educational background checks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 02:04 PM

460 posts, read 1,140,143 times
Take as many CLEP and DSST exams as you can for affordable, quick credits then look at an accredited school, like Thomas Edison State College, that will accept those credits.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:44 PM

293 posts, read 720,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestylez View Post

to have it in my tool box it could be a BS liberal arts degree or buisness adminastration degree, I just want it to be fast as possible and online preferably

I think you need to reassess this part of your statement or mindset. Degrees from a run of the mill College or University are hardly inexpensive. In fact, I believe that in the long run it would be extremely expensive to obtain an education from any of these "fast food-ish business approach" educational institutions.

With that said, my suggestion is for you to make an effort in going to a relatively respected College or University, and take adventage of their online courses so that the school in question fits your needs.

In addition, do not spend your hard earned money on Degrees like Liberal Arts, English, or The Science of Flowers and Mosquitos. Instead, take a major with a concentration and focus on something practical and in use. Accounting, Engineering, or even anything in the Healthcare industry will do wonders for you. Avoid careers that are general and broad....Of course! Fundamentally speaking. If you are passionate about any of the careers or Degrees mentioned in the first sentence of the last phrase, then disregard my comment.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:45 PM

28 posts, read 66,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Guitar View Post
I think you need to reassess this part of your statement or mindset. Degrees from a run of the mill College or University are hardly inexpensive. In fact, I believe that in the long run it would be extremely expensive to obtain an education from any of these "fast food-ish business approach" educational institutions.

With that said, my suggestion is for you to make an effort in going to a relatively respected College or University, and take adventage of their online courses so that the school in question fits your needs.

In addition, do not spend your hard earned money on Degrees like Liberal Arts, English, or The Science of Flowers and Mosquitos. Instead, take a major with a concentration and focus on something practical and in use. Accounting, Engineering, or even anything in the Healthcare industry will do wonders for you. Avoid careers that are general and broad....Of course! Fundamentally speaking. If you are passionate about any of the careers or Degrees mentioned in the first sentence of the last phrase, then disregard my comment.
I already work in the field I want to work in Healthcare sales.
I just want a degree in case someting bad happens, I plan to pay outta pocket with discrectionary money (bar,vaction,designer clothes).

I just want a quick degree so I can always go work some BS job like be
a manager at enterprise in case things ever got ruff.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:56 PM

293 posts, read 720,087 times
Quote:
I already work in the field I want to work in Healthcare sales.
I just want a degree in case someting bad happens, I plan to pay outta pocket with discrectionary money (bar,vaction,designer clothes).

I just want a quick degree so I can always go work some BS job like be
a manager at enterprise in case things ever got ruff.
I see!....then a Business Administration degree will do.

Now if something bad happens in the Accounting field (to an extreme level) then nothing would be safe.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:36 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,210,026 times
This thread makes me cringe. When did it become acceptable to get a degree without earning it?

Old 09-05-2011, 07:11 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
Did you actually put a degree on your resume or application? If you did, you better 'fess up and enroll in a real college- the diploma mills aren't worth the money they'll charge you. If you didn't claim to have a degree, and they hired you anyway, you're fine. In sales, I don't think a degree is really even necessary, as long your'e bringing in the $$ to your company.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:16 AM

165 posts, read 323,070 times
Is this a real question? lol

He might as well have asked "On the back of which matchbook, can I find information on how to pay for a degree?"

Old 09-05-2011, 12:24 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,127,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullCity75 View Post
This thread makes me cringe. When did it become acceptable to get a degree without earning it?
Where did he say "Not earn it"

(Although I think that's a LAUGH considering what 'earning a degree' entails!)

Are you trying to tall me that because I CLEPED out of Civics and American history that I didn't 'Earn" those classes?

Old 09-05-2011, 01:14 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Hello I have an ok job and about 50-59 college credits.
I work for a small company now and everybody at my job has a degree.
I think they assumed,I had a degree and never checked,because alot of small buisness dont like spending money on college background checks,but there is also a guy at my job with just an associates so maybe they dont care.

Are there any diploma mills or pretty fast online schools at decent prices
that are relativly easy work wise,that will pass educational background checks.
Sorry to inform you, but recruiters and hiring managers are not idiots. If you get your degree from a worthless diploma mill...every person who interviews you will know that you got your degree from a worthless diploma mill. And they will not consider you equally to the person who substantiated their intellect by going to a real, selective university. You can google a zillion worthless places that will give you a diploma...but what's that really going to get you? No one will take it seriously, so it won't help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities