Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 10:08 PM

3 posts, read 39,969 times

Advertisements

sorry to interrupt guys, but among Purdue University, Texas at Austin and Georgia Tech, which one is best in terms of (mechanical + electrical) engineering undergraduate degree, also student life experience (underage so can't go club or pubs, mainly will be college party), more fun, better public transport, cheaper living cost and more chances to travel round USA??

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 04:34 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterinuq View Post
sorry to interrupt guys, but among Purdue University, Texas at Austin and Georgia Tech, which one is best in terms of (mechanical + electrical) engineering undergraduate degree, also student life experience (underage so can't go club or pubs, mainly will be college party), more fun, better public transport, cheaper living cost and more chances to travel round USA??

Thank you!!
Purdue

Old 10-13-2011, 06:01 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Quote:

Thank you!!
Peterinquq, I think those are all great choices and any of our opinions will be fairly subjective. Personally, I would choose Georgia Tech because I think Atlanta is a great city, with a lot of young people, easy to fly in and out of and short winters.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:28 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,083,796 times
Quote:

Thank you!!
They're all good, huge state schools.

You'll need to pick based on location...

If it were me,

It'd be Austin, then Atlanta. Then wherever the h@ll Purdue is

Old 10-16-2011, 10:44 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,632,991 times
Anyone have an opinion on New Jersey City University?

Old 10-18-2011, 03:38 PM

21 posts, read 38,873 times
For a MLIS degree........ (All accredited by the ALA)

McGill
Rutgers
U. Buffalo
SUNY Albany
Iowa
Catholic University
University of British Columbia.

I have a great GPA, but I'm really worried about my GRE scores (taking it next week, not doing as well on practice tests as I thought I would)

Old 10-21-2011, 02:03 PM

410 posts, read 398,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolshoi View Post
Anyone have an opinion on New Jersey City University?
What do you plan to study? Rutgers (N.B / Newark) is a much better option.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:33 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,485,018 times
TU Berlin, FU Berlin, TU Munich, Humboldt University.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:18 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,632,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHastings View Post
What do you plan to study? Rutgers (N.B / Newark) is a much better option.
Criminal Justice
Rutgers didn't accept me

Old 11-08-2011, 11:29 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
Ok, how about these schools:

University of Dayton
Butler University in Indianapolis--and is this IN Indianapolis or in a suburb?
College of William and Mary
University of Northern Iowa
Valparaiso University

Probably majoring in biology or chemistry looking to go on to medical school

How are the math departments at these schools as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities