Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 01:45 AM

70 posts, read 120,566 times

Advertisements

Full Sail is offering degrees in Internet Marketing and Website Design and Development. They are offering like 12,000 off the prices and throwing in a Macbook Pro loaded with Abode Master Collection CS4. Worth it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 02:00 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,721,741 times
AI and Full sail are 2 schools you need to take seriously if you want anything out of it. If you are doing gaming, these places usually have in-campus and out-campus competition. Depending on what you are going for and what you are looking for is how to look at the college.

If you are serious about getting into gaming, computer animation, and things of that nature I think full sail would be good. But i would take 1 or 2 classes at a community college to figure out if you enjoy things like art or programming. It would be a lot cheaper then going to the school, spending a ton of money and finding out you hate it.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:39 AM

I used to work for an employer doing basic Web design and I'm making money with Google and other advertising, too adult to mention on this Website.

I wanted to learn more AJAX, ActionScript, Flash Design, and the other classes offered at Full Sail. It's a four year degree done in 27 months - nice, but expensive.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:21 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,721,741 times
If you already do these things why do you need a degree from full sail? You could even start your own company if you find a need for your skills. There is also free lance work.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:18 AM

Why? Because the older skills I have are known amongst most junior high students these days. Most community colleges, in my area, teach old world technology when it comes to computers.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:55 AM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,384,094 times
I suspect that part of the usefulness of the schools is the connections you can make. I was at a tour of a sound editing company (major one in LA) and the guy giving the tour was from Full Sail, he does sound editing for movies. I think he's quoted on the Full Sail website some time ago mentioning how helpful the school was.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:04 PM

13,255 posts, read 33,616,396 times
I looked into Full Sail with my older son and am now looking into it for my younger son. I think it looks like a pretty unique place for a motivated student. I actually just called and left a message two days ago with someone I know whose son was attending Full Sail to ask her about it. There are two other colleges in the Orlando area with a digital media major that I think might fit my son and that might make a visit there worth it for us. I would love to hear anyone's first hand experiences with this college.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:46 PM

14 posts, read 57,453 times
50,000 to learn Web Design and Development? Hell no!

Tutorials - Online Training - lynda.com

SitePoint : New Articles, Fresh Thinking for Web Developers and Designers

Old 07-09-2009, 11:11 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,521,579 times
It's not about learning because usually people already have knowledge with programs like this it's about getting the better to show what you know, making connections, etc.

Full Sail from what ive heard:
1. schedule is crazy new class starts each month
2. accreditation issues

The campus is amazing though blows AI and any public/private uni with a similar program out of the water.

check out this guy
YouTube - TheCreativeItch's Channel

Old 03-03-2011, 11:58 AM

1 posts, read 11,867 times
Why is Full Sail not accredited @ SUNY and CUNY colleges
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities