Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 04:22 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,916,146 times

Advertisements

lets say you dont wanna list every a certain school you went to because you acted dumb and never went to class. can they find out you actually went there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 04:56 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,083,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboywonder2002 View Post
lets say you dont wanna list every a certain school you went to because you acted dumb and never went to class. can they find out you actually went there?
Does someone have records of you flunking classes there? Yes.

Will anybody ever find out if it's only a year or less and you omit it? Maybe. My bet would be on no.

I've known someone who had like a 1.7 GPA at a school for like 2 years or so, and he just totally omitted it, and applied to another school like he never went. Nothing ever happened. I worked with him.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:21 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
But is it morally and ethically wrong? YES. Can the school kick you out if they found out about it? I think they can.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:35 PM

44 posts, read 215,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
But is it morally and ethically wrong? YES. Can the school kick you out if they found out about it? I think they can.
If it's a big university they may not take the time to find out if you've already been accepted.

I once took classes at a community college while I was taking classes at my 4 year school. At my alma mater you were supposed to report if you were simultaneously taking classes at another institution. I never filled out the paperwork and no one ever said anything to me.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:27 PM

809 posts, read 1,330,335 times
If you rec'd a PELL grant or a student loan it will show up when your school is putting together your financial aid package. Unless you do not file the FAFSA and pay cash or private loans.

Old 08-17-2013, 02:35 AM

44 posts, read 78,866 times
"More than 3,500 colleges and universities, enrolling over 98% of all students in public and private U.S. institutions, participate in the Clearinghouse"

National Student Clearinghouse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities