Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 08:35 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,680,153 times

Advertisements

One of the best: Theism, Atheism, and Existentialism, at NYU. Professor Carse.

Worst? I probably dropped the course and at this time, I don't remember.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 10:07 AM

919 posts, read 1,689,694 times
I'm only a sophomore now so I'm sure this may or may not change but:

My worst: ENG 120, critical writing, the professor was unclear about instructions all the time and in her eyes, every format was wrong...

Also, hate my history course, History of Human rights- i love the topic but the teacher lectures and when we ask questions he goes around a circle and most of the time I just leave class confused.

My best:

My Teacher Ed course- Understanding schools; it was my first major course and I learned a lot absolutely loved it, and my Writing in the Disciplines class (english) I am currently taking it, and the teacher works hard to make sure that all of our readings are relevant to the education major. I am currently working on writing my teaching philosophy and how I will apply literacy to my content area .

Old 11-02-2014, 07:41 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
Best - Social Foundations of Education (required to enter K-12 teaching track). Ultra interesting, and highly useful in my career.

Worst- Senior capstone on Jane Austen. Nothing like a seminar focusing on a single author and it being one you don't care for. However, it was the only senior seminar (required) that was offered the semester I had available to take mine, due to my student teaching requirement.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:29 PM

186 posts, read 349,142 times
Best
Constitutional Law, very interesting wrote a wonderful paper on how the Supreme court has changed the 2nd amendment from what the writers wanted.

Worst

Technical Writing (I am in the class now), lovely class but so much work. Major project due weekly.
Legal Research and Writing 2-When you have to write an appellate brief get back to me.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:03 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,422,397 times
Best, all of my major related courses - Accounting

Worst, Statistics being taught by an Indian before I had much exposure to the Indian dialect. Now after dealing with IT all of these years its fine, but right out of high school.....yikes......

Old 11-04-2014, 03:58 AM

46 posts, read 61,277 times
Worst: American History at a traditionally black community college (I'm white) with an outspoken Critical Race Theory professor telling us white people are evil. lol.

That was more 'education' than my 24 year old liberal mind was expecting.

Best: Biology. Just loved it. Same school, average professor. But geeking out on Biology really made my life ...made me feel like I had found my calling.

Sadly, that was long ago...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities