Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 11:47 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,867,762 times

Advertisements

This guy has the whole spring recruiting season still coming, so I am not sure what the panic is all about. If the MBA recruiting calendar is light, you could see if you can piggyback on the undergraduate recruiting program. I'd also look at any career or job fairs in NYC or at the UConn campus and try to snag an interview there as well. Honestly, I can't imagine that he'd be unable to get an offer from at least a Big 4 firm doing consulting, particularly if you were willing to locate to where they need people (vs. just stay in Conn.).

If you are interested in Atlanta, there is a famous Yale MBA prof. (you probably know who I am talking about) who lives in Atlanta, has a boutique consultancy firm there and is very well connected there. I would try to take one of his classes and ask him if he knows anyone hiring in Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 12:35 AM

514 posts, read 764,238 times
I have a very, very difficult time believing that you can't find post-MBA employment having attended Yale's business program. That is one of the few programs where paying full-sticker price doesn't result in a financial quagmire after graduation. The name alone should provide you with employment opportunities at most investment banking firms on wall street.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:11 AM
Rei

494 posts, read 1,760,963 times
Troll...
I'm attending rank 25 MBA, got interview at 8 bulge bracket for IB associates, bcg, 2 hedge fund and 1 private equity. Received 3 offers. Accepted 1 (obviously).

Old 02-01-2015, 09:20 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,112,769 times
Unless you were born into established wealth or your employer paid for it, you should never pursue an MBA.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:48 PM

256 posts, read 462,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei View Post
Troll...
I'm attending rank 25 MBA, got interview at 8 bulge bracket for IB associates, bcg, 2 hedge fund and 1 private equity. Received 3 offers. Accepted 1 (obviously).
Does it worth to go back to school and get your MBA? I know friends from top 10 schools and I usually get $125k+ base salary and $15k+ signing bonus. What about top 25 MBA programs? Do you still receive similar offers?

Old 05-31-2015, 01:41 AM

394 posts, read 434,809 times
I think this guy got an offer honestly...

The recruiting at the TOP programs, like Yale, is absurd.. So he probably pushed the panic button too soon.

That said... Even at TOP programs you still must do well in class, network, conduct your self professionally and present yourself well of the program just becomes a piece of paper.

I'm sure he got things figured out though

Old 06-01-2015, 07:29 PM

256 posts, read 462,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vademo View Post
Does it worth to go back to school and get your MBA? I know friends from top 10 schools and I usually get $125k+ base salary and $15k+ signing bonus. What about top 25 MBA programs? Do you still receive similar offers?
If you can get in top 20 MBA programs then you will mostly receive a $125k base salary offer. At least this the common entry level salary at top consulting firms. However, most of these graduates will not survive in the consulting environment and will probably get laid off in 2 years. Do not forget that top consulting firms will only keep the best of the bests. I know many consultants from top top programs. They had great start in their career and were laid off in 2 years. They were able to find other jobs but these jobs were not paying as much as the consulting jobs.

MBA will not teach you everything and will not guarantee a long successful career. It will open you a great door but it will be in your hands to stay at the top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities