Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2015, 07:30 PM

85 posts, read 121,278 times

Advertisements

I didn't pass accounting II (intermediate accounting II). I am past the 28 unit retake limit from retaking upper level math classes when I used to be a math major, which is why I am petitioning.

My home life with my parents was pretty bad. I was beaten and verbally abused for as long as I can remember. I eventually couldn't take it anymore and moved out when I was 23. I'm 25 now. My relationship with my parents is... civil enough.

Anyway, for my petition I have to provide documentation, but the problem is I don't have any. I never went to the police, the hospital, a therapist, nothing. I couldn't bear the thought of putting my own parents in jail or worse at the time. I haven't submitted my petition yet but it seems extremely weak without any evidence. Should I go ahead and submit it anyway?

And if it is denied, are there any majors you recommend? I would like to stay in the business department if possible and try to graduate as soon as I can and start paying my loans. I'm possibly thinking finance but it seems GPA dependent and I have a 2.6. I have a part time job as an accounting assistant though. Not sure if that will help if any but it's something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 09:03 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,868,828 times
In my college, the accounting washouts usually transferred to business administration or management. Those majors usually were more flexible and a lot of the accounting classes you took would count towards required classes. The downside is there isn't a lot of on campus recruiting for those majors like there is with accounting and they are mostly sales or marketing jobs that don't pay well to start.

The other major you might consider is management information systems, MIS. It is a mix of accounting, computer science and management.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:10 PM

MIS isn't offered at my college. Just Information Sciences, Decision Science, and Business Analytics in terms of anything related to IS.

I know I'm very stupid (already failed out of math) so at this point I don't mind if I make $30,000 or even less than minimum wage to start. I just want to graduate as fast as I can, pay back my student loans, and then kill myself. I'm done being a good-for-nothing and I can't bear living the rest of my life as a failure.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:17 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,760,161 times
I can't advise you on the accounting issue but I would absolutely go to the campus health center and get checked out and see about getting some counseling. It sounds like you may have some other things going on besides your academic issues. Good luck.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:59 PM

I went to a family therapist in high school but he lied to me and told my parents everything I told him. So my parents beat me because of what I said and stopped the therapy.

sorry but I don't trust therapists and counselors anymore. Plus if I went to counseling they might tell the police what my parents did to me and I don't want any trouble from the police.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:47 PM

12,846 posts, read 9,045,657 times
Immediately run, don't walk to a counseling center. Get a friend to take you now.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:18 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,274,107 times
Get to the counseling center.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Immediately run, don't walk to a counseling center. Get a friend to take you now.
I don't have any friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
Get to the counseling center.

I understand that you guys are concerned, but frankly, I have decided on suicide and I don't intend on changing my mind. So going to a counseling center to discuss my various issues, if I wanted to, will do nothing for me.

As for why I won't go to counseling/therapy, I believe I already addressed that in my previous post.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:13 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,274,107 times
Sorry, but I'm not going to dig through your past posts. If you have decided to kill yourself, why are you trying to stay in accounting? You're still going to be dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities