Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2016, 10:37 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,722,059 times

Advertisements

As a backup in case nursing school doesn't pan out and unable to get into a program/wait listed looking into Rad Tech. The local CC offers a Rad Tech program there is a college that offers a B.S. in Rad Science go Rad. Techs that then leads to a Masters degree in Radiology Assistant. Curious any one have experience in this field or in a similar program?

Appreciate the feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 03:25 PM

50,945 posts, read 36,629,320 times
I'e never heard if it. Radiology is oretty saturated in any case. I have friends in this field who can't find full-time jobs.

You've been foundering for quite some time, this thread is one of maybe dozens regarding what you should be/do. Why don't you get aptitude testing or something? Why not spend a week in a hospital observing in different departments? You need to do something IMO aside from just researching careers endlessly.

I will say I have had many radiology studies in my 53 years, but never had any sort of "assistant". Call a hospital HR office ask if they hire them, if they do, ask for the department head and ask him or her what qualifications they look for. Make sure it's not just a glorified receptionist like a medical assistant. I am guessing it pays very little, because even MRI techs make little money nowadays, with few jobs. If you want to be a health care assistant and well paid, be an OT or PT assistant.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 03-03-2016 at 03:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities