Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 06:09 AM

455 posts, read 1,392,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlamore View Post
You referenced two different schools, Arizona and Arizona State. I'm assuming that you meant Arizona State, since that is the most frequently referenced school in your post. They do not accept credits from AMU. I read some other nonsense on a thread not too long ago where someone referred to FSU accepting credits from AMU. This is not the case, I called and confirmed this, and anyone else can if they are interested as well. 1-855-278-5080

There is no easy way out when it comes to getting a real degree, and AMU only offers Fools Gold. As "Education Inc." keeps growing with more of these online schools, it's only a matter of time before the whole system crashes and all of the degrees from these "schools" become null and void.
Why wouldn't regional accredited credits from AMU/APU be accepted by another regional accredited school like ASU? I can understand if the course was a different level or didn't exactly align with ASU's syllabus.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:48 AM

2 posts, read 4,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisc83 View Post
Why wouldn't regional accredited credits from AMU/APU be accepted by another regional accredited school like ASU? I can understand if the course was a different level or didn't exactly align with ASU's syllabus.
It's a for profit school. You can have all the regional and national accreditation in the world, but most of the time your going to run into the same problems when attending a strictly online based school, and then trying to transfer over to a brick and mortar based university.

Look, I know it's not fun studying for the GRE and SAT. I know it can be easier to take a College Algebra exam with Google open and ready to answer all your questions for you. But know that there are no real shortcuts when it comes to getting a real education. If college was meant to be that easy, everyone would be able to do it.

Old 11-03-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
It's a for profit school. You can have all the regional and national accreditation in the world, but most of the time your going to run into the same problems when attending a strictly online based school, and then trying to transfer over to a brick and mortar based university.

Look, I know it's not fun studying for the GRE and SAT. I know it can be easier to take a College Algebra exam with Google open and ready to answer all your questions for you. But know that there are no real shortcuts when it comes to getting a real education. If college was meant to be that easy, everyone would be able to do it.
A regionally accredited school's tax status shouldn't have any bearing on if another school accepts it's credits. Your reason doesn't really make sense. If a school doesn't accept another schools credits it's usually a course mismatch or a limit on the number of credits transferable. I've heard of a bunch of stories about folks attending a for-profit then transferring to a B&M school. Usually the people go to for-profits because they didn't realize it was a bad choice. Lots of non-profit B&M's have better and cheaper DL programs and are more than happy to take students money.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:59 AM

1,738 posts, read 2,993,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisc83 View Post
A regionally accredited school's tax status shouldn't have any bearing on if another school accepts it's credits. Your reason doesn't really make sense. If a school doesn't accept another schools credits it's usually a course mismatch or a limit on the number of credits transferable. I've heard of a bunch of stories about folks attending a for-profit then transferring to a B&M school. Usually the people go to for-profits because they didn't realize it was a bad choice. Lots of non-profit B&M's have better and cheaper DL programs and are more than happy to take students money.
Many schools feel that a for profits educational standards don't meet their set standards.

I called my undergrad and they confirmed the same thing.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:04 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,409,191 times
Quote:
You referenced two different schools, Arizona and Arizona State. I'm assuming that you meant Arizona State, since that is the most frequently referenced school in your post. They do not accept credits from AMU. I read some other nonsense on a thread not too long ago where someone referred to FSU accepting credits from AMU. This is not the case, I called and confirmed this, and anyone else can if they are interested as well. 1-855-278-5080

There is no easy way out when it comes to getting a real degree, and AMU only offers Fools Gold. As "Education Inc." keeps growing with more of these online schools, it's only a matter of time before the whole system crashes and all of the degrees from these "schools" become null and void.
I knew this was a straight up lie. When you call that number listed, they will transfer you to admissions. Might as well call them directly. I asked them if they accept credits from American Military University, and the rep said, "Yes, we accept credits from the American Public University System." Not only do they accept their credits, but they are so familiar with them, that they know that they are a part of the American Public University System.

Now, Arizona State University is pretty far down there in the public school rankings. Last year, I emailed several of the top public schools to ask if they would accept online courses from University of Phoenix. University of Phoenix has to have the worst reputation of all of the regionally accredited schools. I received some automated responses that didn't give any information, but I did receive some information from others. Most said that it is highly likely that they would accept credits from a regionally accredited school as long as the course is a close match to what's in their catalog. University of Florida, Clemson University, and UC Irvine specifically said that they accept credits from University of Phoenix. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign was the only one to say "we rarely accept many credits from University of Phoenix." They went on to further explain how courses have to fit into their degree requirements and match their course descriptions.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:06 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,409,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramidsurf View Post
Many schools feel that a for profits educational standards don't meet their set standards.

I called my undergrad and they confirmed the same thing.
Where did you attend, if you don't mind saying?

Old 11-03-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
I knew this was a straight up lie. When you call that number listed, they will transfer you to admissions. Might as well call them directly. I asked them if they accept credits from American Military University, and the rep said, "Yes, we accept credits from the American Public University System." Not only do they accept their credits, but they are so familiar with them, that they know that they are a part of the American Public University System.

Now, Arizona State University is pretty far down there in the public school rankings. Last year, I emailed several of the top public schools to ask if they would accept online courses from University of Phoenix. University of Phoenix has to have the worst reputation of all of the regionally accredited schools. I received some automated responses that didn't give any information, but I did receive some information from others. Most said that it is highly likely that they would accept credits from a regionally accredited school as long as the course is a close match to what's in their catalog. University of Florida, Clemson University, and UC Irvine specifically said that they accept credits from University of Phoenix. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign was the only one to say "we rarely accept many credits from University of Phoenix." They went on to further explain how courses have to fit into their degree requirements and match their course descriptions.
I figured it was a lie when their reason for-profit credits aren't accepted all boiled down to because I say so....LOL. The single digit post numbers for Jlamore is also a red flag.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:56 PM

13,248 posts, read 33,345,557 times
This thread is being closed since it's turned into posters flat out calling each other liars. I suggest that any readers who want to know about transferring credits just call the registrar at the college they are interested in and see if the classes will transfer.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities