Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2008, 11:31 PM

13 posts, read 42,725 times

Advertisements

Hello readers! I’m a student at the Univeristy of San Sebastián and have returned from a Moderator cut: course about New Yorksomething which I enjoyed so much – I really feel my English has improved as a result and am now thinking of teaching English overseas as a career once my university days are over (not long to go!). I loved the experience and was really inspired by the teachers – they loved their job and it was clear! My one worry is that if I carry on with my dream to teach English abroad, I may miss home too much – especially my special razas de gato – they are special Persian cats and I take photos of them everywhere! But that’s the great thing about teaching a foreign language, courses are of all length and so you can teach as much or as little as you would like. I plan to go and try it out for a 2 month summer and see how I go, if I do end up missing my home life too much I am not far away, my plan is to teach in France (I grew up learning French and so this is a great placement for me!). I’m not far away from Spain but still get that holiday-work feeling (all whilst learning about the French culture!).

Last edited by Beretta; 07-04-2008 at 07:28 PM.. Reason: edited to adhere to rules
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 06:45 AM

13,250 posts, read 33,399,774 times
Good luck to you Aishia. My daughter has ben teaching English in China since last September. She had a rough first month getting used to a different culture, city, country and the classrooms were very, very different then where she had student taught but she did get used to it. I don't think she was homesick (she went to college half way across the country) but she did miss the familiarity of the States. I think trying it out for the summer is a wonderful idea.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:19 AM

13 posts, read 42,725 times
Good day!

Wow really your daughter teaches too? I know you miss her so much. Yes it's true in the first week I guess maybe were rough because culture is different, country and the surroundings around you. But time to time I can adopt it.

Thanks for the idea that this summer will be the good starting.

Thank you and best regards to everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities