Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 02:33 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You think saying "huh?" and "awesome" is rude? One time I asked a professor what he thought a good minor to compliment my major would be and he snarled out loud in front of my peers, "Since you never come to class. I don't have to tell you." Then I said "Check your attendance record. I'm here everyday." Then he said "Let me move on to the next student. Just send me an email." I sent the email and he never responded.

Another professor stood at the front of the class and said if she "reads another paper with bad grammar that she will go homicidal on everyone."

Another professor threw a desk on the floor and called a non-gay student a f** for showing up 10 minutes late. He said "F** this is your second time to be late."

Another instructor said, "If I catch any of you cheating I'm going to take this projector cord take you out in the hall and beat you down with it. So do not cheat in my class."

The list of insane and unprofessional behavior goes on and on.
I've never experienced anything close to that.... And I've gone to three different colleges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 02:38 PM

211 posts, read 816,622 times
Sounds like the OP belongs in junior college to me.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:41 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
I have a master's degree from an excellent college where nothing psycho happened. I took my education seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless99 View Post
Sounds like the OP belongs in junior college to me.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:42 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
And, what is your point? We are two different people from different regions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've never experienced anything close to that.... And I've gone to three different colleges.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:36 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,010,161 times
Quote:
Another instructor said, "If I catch any of you cheating I'm going to take this projector cord take you out in the hall and beat you down with it. So do not cheat in my class."
Haha that sounds exactly like one of my professors, but he does it in a very sarcastic and comical manner. Probably my favorite professor ever.

I have had some horribly unprofessional and incompetent professors at my community college though. Which is part of the reason why I decided to transfer to a better school and go for a better degree. It'll be nice to be taught by phds and not bachelor degree holders with superiority complexes.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:09 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth23 View Post
Haha that sounds exactly like one of my professors, but he does it in a very sarcastic and comical manner. Probably my favorite professor ever.

I have had some horribly unprofessional and incompetent professors at my community college though. Which is part of the reason why I decided to transfer to a better school and go for a better degree. It'll be nice to be taught by phds and not bachelor degree holders with superiority complexes.
At the community college I went to, I was surprised to find that nearly all of my teachers also taught at the local University. They just did a few classes at the Jr. College level for 'fun'.

Although, I wasn't happy that I took an Anthropology course at both the community college and university level and it was taught by the same teacher with the exact same syllabus. Of course, I paid 5x more at the University.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:24 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
So then why'd you take it a second time at quintuple the cost?

Old 09-30-2010, 11:13 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,615 times
Quote:
You think saying "huh?" and "awesome" is rude? One time I asked a professor what he thought a good minor to compliment my major would be and he snarled out loud in front of my peers, "Since you never come to class. I don't have to tell you." Then I said "Check your attendance record. I'm here everyday." Then he said "Let me move on to the next student. Just send me an email." I sent the email and he never responded.

Another professor stood at the front of the class and said if she "reads another paper with bad grammar that she will go homicidal on everyone."

Another professor threw a desk on the floor and called a non-gay student a f** for showing up 10 minutes late. He said "F** this is your second time to be late."

The list of insane and unprofessional behavior goes on and on.
Which college did you go to? That sounds insane!

Never had any of my professors act like that...

Old 10-01-2010, 02:31 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
^^ He went to The University of Contrived Internet Drama

Old 10-01-2010, 08:29 AM

750 posts, read 1,434,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
^^ He went to The University of Contrived Internet Drama
Yes. More specifically, at the "Look at me! Look at me!" satellite campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities