Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 04:54 AM

51 posts, read 82,060 times

Advertisements

i think it helps you get better acquainted w/ the other students easier
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 06:28 AM

603 posts, read 2,339,929 times
The very best part of my college experience was living in the dorm. If I had commuted or lived off campus, I don't think I would have enjoyed college as much. People I know who commuted reported that they did not feel like a real part of the college.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:25 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,132,051 times
When I was a sophomore, I decided to move off-campus. I had to get permission from the Dean of Men for that. His argument was that students did better living on campus, and often did worse after moving off campus. He even insisted that a parent come to this meeting. The dean said the stats were against me.

It may be that I did worse off-campus, but it may not have had anything to do with the events that hurt me. But, it may also be true that the success of a given student has a lot to do with his/her maturity level.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:23 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,132,051 times
If a student doesn't live in a dorm and there is a cafeteria on campus, I'd strongly suggest dining there. In my experience, they had a pretty good deal on food, especially if there are a number of meals paid for in advance. Often, you won't be able to find a table by yourself, and end up sharing with other students. Even if you are alone at a table, expect others to ask if they can join you. I've had many good discussions over lunch or dinner, some of which were life-changing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities