U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 06:17 AM

10 posts, read 41,540 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm new here, and I like this forum. I think it's the best(about American Cities).
I'm 17 years old, in 10th grade in a High School in Bucharest(Romania). I want to make(and prepare for) university in USA but I don't know what university. I want to be cheap + financial aid(for international students). I want to make university in USA because I want to learn here and I want to establish here(to obtain the H1B visa and then Green Card more easy).
What university can you recommend me?(Sorry for my English )
Thank you!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2007, 07:07 AM

598 posts, read 1,870,532 times
First, you should get an idea of what you want to study. Some universities offer financial scholarships to international students in certain fields of study. Then maybe decide what type of climate you would like, since you can find any type of climate in the USA. Then maybe decide if you want to live in a large city or in a small town and whether you want to go to a large university or a small private school. There are thousands to choose from, so your options are wide open. Good luck!

Old 02-01-2007, 07:34 AM

I want to study Finance(or Economics). I don't care about climate. I want to live in a large city and I want to go to a large university, but I want some examples from university more cheap.

Old 02-01-2007, 09:28 AM

And how can I make a loan? Because I don't have that money...
Thanks for the answers!

Old 02-01-2007, 12:26 PM

702 posts, read 2,397,072 times
University of North Carolina is rated among the best public universities and among the best deal for your money. The school of business is also highly rated. Check the website: http://www.unc.edu/ There is a section titled "International Gateway" that looks like it would be very helpful.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:29 PM

191 posts, read 652,186 times
arizona state university is big, cheaper, and has lots of hotties. They give out lots of money too.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:14 PM

2,408 posts, read 13,671,610 times
It goes without saying but I'll say it anyways . Study as hard as you can and try to get good grades in hopes of getting a scholarship to significantly lower the cost. Public universities are cheaper than private universities. However, generally smaller schools, especially private, seem to work hard at recruiting international students as they feel they're an asset to their campus. These schools generally aren't on the tops of any sort of lists like University of Michigan or Berkeley, and are generally in smaller towns, but it's worth looking into them. There are literally hundreds, maybe even over a thousand, in the U.S. so it's very hard to just pick one or two and say "look here".

Old 02-01-2007, 11:26 PM

10,194 posts, read 25,549,241 times
Are you in the 3rd year of Gimnaziu?

If so, it is time to make an application, isn't it.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:51 PM

585 posts, read 577,461 times
Check these out: Best Universities in Economics
University of South Carolina Department of Economics: University of Arizona Department of Economics: Pennsylvania State University Department of Economics.

I like USC, but I'm prejudice, that is where I attended. Good luck with your search.

Old 02-02-2007, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Are you in the 3rd year of Gimnaziu?

If so, it is time to make an application, isn't it.
No, I'm in 2nd year of High School.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities