U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2009, 12:50 AM

478 posts, read 2,043,848 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone.
I really need your advice on an important decision.
Anyways right now I am attending a cc with a GPA of 3.6.
I am interested in economics/international business for SDSU
or international studies/econ for UCSD.

I am more worried about which school has a better program for that kind of major. I heard UCSD has a great reputation but i also heard SDSU's business programs are wonderful..so I am having a hard time..if you guys can help that would be great.

Also btw...I used to be in the GATE program for math but in high school due to a certain incident, I forgot all about math and barely passed with a B in precalculus.Taking a calculus class is mandatory for both majors/schools. I plan to take precalculus over again in cc to review and hopefully attempt at caluclus for my major. Let me know what you guys think.
Thank you =]
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 03:53 PM
PYT

122 posts, read 259,764 times
You should go to College Confidential to find answers

It's much better suited for specific questions such as these and many students actually go to the schools your wondering about.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:40 AM

thanks i actually already made a thread at the same time i made the OP...
i was just wanting to get city datas input...

Old 11-15-2009, 03:27 PM

38,981 posts, read 20,536,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrape View Post
Hey everyone.
I really need your advice on an important decision.
Anyways right now I am attending a cc with a GPA of 3.6.
I am interested in economics/international business for SDSU
or international studies/econ for UCSD.

I am more worried about which school has a better program for that kind of major. I heard UCSD has a great reputation but i also heard SDSU's business programs are wonderful..so I am having a hard time..if you guys can help that would be great.

Also btw...I used to be in the GATE program for math but in high school due to a certain incident, I forgot all about math and barely passed with a B in precalculus.Taking a calculus class is mandatory for both majors/schools. I plan to take precalculus over again in cc to review and hopefully attempt at caluclus for my major. Let me know what you guys think.
Thank you =]
Are you attending a CC campus in the San Diego area? If so, your chances of getting into SDSU are much greater than if you attend a CC outside of SD. I would recommend strongly making an appt to speak with a college counselor as they can help you plan your courses so you can be eligible to apply to both campuses (which I strongly recommend) but also plan to apply to other universities as a backup in case you don't get into your top choices. If you haven't completed your golden four (English, math, speech and critical thinking), then I strongly recommend you complete those asap as there are specific deadlines for completing those courses.

Note: If you are looking for Fall 2010 admissions, the deadline is November 30th (a few short weeks from now).

Apply to SDSU: www.csumentor.edu
Apply to UCSD: University of California
To locate specific coursework you can complete towards your major: www.assist.org (Select your CC, the university you wish to transfer to then the major (s) you are interested in).

Old 11-16-2009, 12:27 AM

yeah thanks i have already used assist and know the deadline is NOV 30th...in which i havent started.....
Thanks again. I chose to go with UCSD due to a response in the san diego region of city data.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:06 AM

1,196 posts, read 4,386,727 times
Definitely go with UCSD. A much better school, with a much better reputation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities