Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 04:51 PM

713 posts, read 3,437,972 times

Advertisements

My school sent out my transcript May 6th and it still has not arrived. When I went to student resources at my college it shows that they are still waiting for my transcript to arrive. Does it usual take around 3 weeks for schools to get documents? I also went and sent my ACT scores on the same day and even they still have not arrived
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 06:08 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,383,271 times
It's possible that the people working in the registrar's office at the college are swamped and have gotten behind in processing documents. I would give them a call and politely ask if they received them yet.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:38 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,900,650 times
At years' end everybody is swamped with transcript and record requests. So it can take longer than usual. Keep in mind, the hold up isn't just necessarily on the part of the sender of these records. It could be the recipient as well, that is taking more time to process their mail and record the receipt of them. And given that there appears to be a delay on records from multiple sources, I would guess this is the case, more than the senders being at fault.

If your application still shows not received by mid-week, call to ask. Call both the senders and the recipients.

Should you need to do things like this in the future, it can be beneficial to request a copy of the record for yourself at the same time. The office will send out your copy at the same time they send to the other recipients, so its safe to assume that when you receive your copy, so too have everyone else.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:29 PM

Thanks for the advice. I have a meeting with one of the counselors tomorrow so I will ask about the records then.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:39 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,760,032 times
I would definitely call the sender and make sure it's been sent. If it has in fact been sent, maybe you could at least get them to email or fax you or your college counselor a copy so that you will have it for your meeting. I know most colleges will not accept anything but the original with the embossed seal, signed, in an offical envelope, etc of the sending school, but at least you will have something showing what courses you have taken, and what your grades were. It could very well be as the others have said. The registrars office could be swamped. Also, because they are human, and humans make mistakes, it could have just been missplaced, missfiled etc. I know with one of my kids, there was another kid in his school that had similar name, different, but similar. The registrars office was always confusing the two.The other kids stuff was always showing up in my son's file. Even with student ID numbers and them being in different grades the school was always trying to give my son this other kids stuff and vise versa. Even we didn't catch sometimes. It's too bad too, because the other kid had a better GPA than my kid! It's a good thing my son and the other kid happened to be friends. Just saying people mess up some times. If it doesn't show up at the colllege soon, just have them resend it.

As for the ACT scores, as I recall, if you don't have them expediated I think they can take a couple of weeks to actaully be sent, especially this time of year. Have you checked to make sure they were actually sent.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:52 AM

Just got back from my meeting, turns out when the admissions office did a check on there computer they found that they do have my transcript. It was sent electronically and they just havent changed my status yet. Here I was thinking it got lost or something but they had it for over 2 weeks and did not even put it into the system yet -sign-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities