Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 07:30 PM

665 posts, read 1,295,329 times

Advertisements

Last year I took my girl to Colorado for the first time. We got engaged at garden of the gods. And before we left there it was obvious she wanted to move there. Being a former resident, she didn't have to talk me into it. We've been saving money like crazy ever since.

We're looking for a starter house in the 100k-125k, preferably a fixer upper but doesn't have to be. Right now we just want to get there and have a modest place until we know where we'd prefer to live.

We really like the Old Colorado City area and we plan to do a lot of research in that area, as well as several other areas. We want to look at what's been sold and for what and get a really good feel about things before we go back home so we can plan accordingly.

We're very liberal dog loving people who love nature and keep to ourselves. We don't have to live amongst "our type", we just want to be in a neighborhood with good people.

Would love some recommendations on best Indian food in the city, or veggie friendly places in general.

Pete the Labrador will be visiting as well. His third trip to CO. We plan on going to bear creek dog park and rampart dog park. Any opinions on either?

Any suggestions about anything would be greatly appreciated.

We are pumped!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 08:49 PM

1,711 posts, read 3,601,342 times
I haven't been to rampart dog park but I have been to bear creek and it is just wonderful. Bear Creek is like letting your dog roam in a wooded location with a stream. There are some open areas for throwing a ball and trails, but my dog wanted to splash around more than run in the open.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:26 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,167,339 times
For vegetarian friendly restaurants, you must try Adam's Mountain Cafe in Manitou Springs. They have mostly vegetarian dishes, as well as a few meat dishes.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:16 PM

We will no doubt be checking out Bear Creek. We had that in our plans weeks ago. Rampart isn't too far from our hotel so we might hit it up as well.

Adam's mountain cafe sounds very intriguing. Might be a bit more then what we're wanting to do on this trip. It's a big night for us if we have to get too dressed up. heh. If our plans of moving there happen then I'm quite sure it will be on our to do list.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:46 PM

1,711 posts, read 3,601,342 times
If I am thinking of the right place, Adams is not a dress-up place. Most of the restaurants in Manitou cater to people who are tourists and not necessarily dressed to the nines. T-shirt and shorts should be fine. Of course, I could be wrong and thinking of a different place.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:47 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_hug99 View Post
If I am thinking of the right place, Adams is not a dress-up place. Most of the restaurants in Manitou cater to people who are tourists and not necessarily dressed to the nines. T-shirt and shorts should be fine. Of course, I could be wrong and thinking of a different place.
You got it right. Adams Mtn Cafe, and just about everything I can think of in Manitou Springs, are places where casual attire is fine.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:39 PM

Well that certainly changes things. Going by the prices on their site and some photos I assumed it required a little more fancy then I tend to be. But hey, maybe we'll check it out now. We're wanting to go up to Woodland Park anyway.

I also just learned that there's a Five Guys Burgers not far from our hotel. I've been craving their fries. This makes me happy!

T- gettin real close!

Old 07-21-2010, 03:41 PM

69 posts, read 223,596 times
Pete (and you as well) might enjoy the Lovell Gulch trail up in Woodland Park. I think of it as this town's unofficial dog park, most dogs are off-leash on that hiking trail. The rule is your dog needs to come when it's called if off leash.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:51 PM

97 posts, read 246,522 times
I hope you enjoy yourselves on your upcoming trip. I would suggest refraining from purchasing a home until you've live here for a while and you know the area better. The housing market is pretty slow and if you buy something you don't want to keep, you may have a hard time unloading it to move to the area you really want to live in.

Good luck with everything!

Old 07-21-2010, 04:56 PM

That is a concern of ours. We are weighing the option of renting. But with three large dogs it would be difficult to find a place. We also hate to see money go to waste (rent). But that's what this trip is for, to see what we can get for our budget right now and then make some decisions. We have a really good living situation right now (only bill is electric) so that enables us to save lots of money. So having to stay another year to save more might be the best thing for us.

Matt, looked up that trail and it looks nice! I have a feeling we'll try it out cause we're looking for lighter hikes like that. Pete will probably make me look like an idiot. He's a good off leash dog at home, but as soon as we get to a hiking trail he just wants to lead by a mile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs