Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2011, 01:11 PM

4 posts, read 16,381 times

Advertisements

My family and I are seriously considering moving to Colorado Springs. We are origionally from Phoenix Az. We would like to have four seasons, some green, cooler temps, and nice people to surround our selves with. Does anyone have any imput on this topic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 01:15 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnjpranke View Post
My family and I are seriously considering moving to Colorado Springs. We are origionally from Phoenix Az. We would like to have four seasons, some green, cooler temps, and nice people to surround our selves with. Does anyone have any imput on this topic?
You get all that here, in COLO SPGS, or anywhere along the Front Range, aka the I-25 corridor, from COLO SPGS to Fort Collins.

Key thing is the job, whatever Front Range city the job is in will provide you a good home and all that goes with it.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:08 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,189,270 times
I've read posts in this forum from people that moved from Arizona that said they though Colorado was very green. That all depends on where you are coming from. In your case you should be happy.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:27 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,570,310 times
Having lived in Teller County for 35 years, and now in Tucson for one, Colorado Springs is greener than Phoenix or Tucson, but only because they can water lawns, have snow and more rain and don't have to rely on desert landscaping. But, like knrstz said, it's a matter of perspective. If you're from Connecticut, for example, Colorado Springs is brown and dry, and Arizona is worse. You can get four seasons in Arizona, if you live in the mountains west and north of Tucson, or in the northern part of Arizona around Grand Canyon, Prescott, or Flagstaff. The whole state is not brown and deserty. The norther half is a lot like Colorado's foothills.

mnjpranke might consider moving just a tad bit north of Phoenix to get the same seasons, flora, fauna, and greenery that Colorado Springs has.

Last edited by Marcy1210; 01-16-2011 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 01-17-2011, 02:10 PM

123 posts, read 551,356 times
I have lived in Monument Co a northern suburb of Colorado Springs at a higher elevation which is beautiful. The weather and terrain there is real simliar to Flagstaff, like Marcy was saying. You had a good chance of seeing snow 8-9 months a year. The housing will be a consiDerably more expensive then the VERY AFFORDABLE prices we have in PHX so factor that in when you go job hunting.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:48 PM

2,221 posts, read 5,288,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnjpranke View Post
We have all that here. But be sure to bring plenty of your own money here when you come, though. Not a lot of that to be had around here.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:23 AM
OSO

5 posts, read 11,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Having lived in Teller County for 35 years, and now in Tucson for one, Colorado Springs is greener than Phoenix or Tucson, but only because they can water lawns, have snow and more rain and don't have to rely on desert landscaping. But, like knrstz said, it's a matter of perspective. If you're from Connecticut, for example, Colorado Springs is brown and dry, and Arizona is worse. You can get four seasons in Arizona, if you live in the mountains west and north of Tucson, or in the northern part of Arizona around Grand Canyon, Prescott, or Flagstaff. The whole state is not brown and deserty. The norther half is a lot like Colorado's foothills.

mnjpranke might consider moving just a tad bit north of Phoenix to get the same seasons, flora, fauna, and greenery that Colorado Springs has.
I moved here from CA Inland Empire area. One of the many reasons I moved here was to escape the heat. Even the hot days aren't so bad. I would foremost recommend to secure a job first since the economy effects us last compared to the rest of the country. The woodland park/divide area is great if your looking for small mountain town/rural living. Colorado Springs IMO is great to start with since we're close to a variety of environments. Also make sure to consider your commute since driving in the winter can be challenging especially if your commuting from the mountains down to the city.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:06 PM

32 posts, read 60,832 times
Coming from South Africa originally, I thought Colorado Springs rather drab and brown when I first arrived here in December 2000 however the springs, summers and autumns are an absolute delight, the people are friendly and helpful, generally speaking that is. Good luck and arrive with an open mind - things will be different here to what you are used to but it doesn't take long to adjust - you will also experience a shortness of breath when you first arrive but once you aclimatize it will go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs