Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 01:15 PM

20,378 posts, read 14,647,504 times

Advertisements

By my work, which is in the area between Union and Circle and just north of Palmer Park Rd. (not far from some kidney centers) we've got cops absolutely all over, circling around like they are looking for someone.

Somebody here mentioned a search for a kidnapping suspect, but reports I saw placed that over on Carefree to the northeast.

Anybody know what's goin' on? 'Tis passing strange...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 01:29 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,166,069 times
maybe this?

D-11 Schools, Wasson HS and Galileo School on lock down | koaa.com | Colorado Springs | Pueblo |

Old 11-27-2012, 01:42 PM

Yep. Our supervisor just sent this out to us, too...

Springs Police Search for Burglary Suspect

Oddly, the description matches very well a guy who was digging through our cigarette butts in our container outside the back of the building, last week. Creepy guy. I just quipped to my cubicle-neighbor that perhaps he broke into the house looking for some smokes.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:02 AM

641 posts, read 2,276,440 times
Seems to be a trend in our fair city.....burglaries, break-ins and robberies always seem to go up around the Holidays. So much for all that "good will."

Here in COS, good or bad, the burglars and robbers really put themselves in more danger than anyone else; many of the good townsfolk in this area are armed!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:20 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,116,160 times
Auto break-ins and thefts are at an all time high. It's anarchy.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:07 PM

50,784 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
Auto break-ins and thefts are at an all time high. It's anarchy.
Not enough $$$ for adequate police protection.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:19 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,193,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Not enough $$$ for adequate police protection.
Not arguing here, just a sincere question from an outsider: is it not enough money or is money not being allocated according to correct priorities? I've seen cities pitch in for a new sports stadium at the expense of basic services for example.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:24 AM

I dunno man...in this instance, the police response was greater than what I've seen in many places I've lived.

Burglar broke in, stabbed homeowner with a very small knife, causing no serious injury. In Florida that kid got shot by the neighborhood watch guy largely because burglaries went on for what...two YEARS?...and cops did nothing but take reports after the fact...really inadequate police action there. Up in liberal western Washington state, where I lived before, and where taxes are high enough to amply fund the police, cops would have taken a report and maybe cruised around the neighborhood...but I have never lived anywhere that would have deployed search dogs for something like this.

Which makes me wonder a few things...is it because maybe the suspect matched their records for something more serious, or is it perhaps because they were thinking that burglar is dang lucky he didn't get shot, what with taking a knife to a gun fight and all...and the next house he tries, they might have a dead burglar to clean up....?

One thing is for sure, it's not because it was a nice part of town or anything. Money wasn't talking. This is a very modest area up here.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:40 AM

641 posts, read 2,276,440 times
Throwing money at Police, doesn't make criminals stop being criminals.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:12 PM

50,784 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I dunno man...in this instance, the police response was greater than what I've seen in many places I've lived.

Burglar broke in, stabbed homeowner with a very small knife, causing no serious injury. In Florida that kid got shot by the neighborhood watch guy largely because burglaries went on for what...two YEARS?...and cops did nothing but take reports after the fact...really inadequate police action there. Up in liberal western Washington state, where I lived before, and where taxes are high enough to amply fund the police, cops would have taken a report and maybe cruised around the neighborhood...but I have never lived anywhere that would have deployed search dogs for something like this.

Which makes me wonder a few things...is it because maybe the suspect matched their records for something more serious, or is it perhaps because they were thinking that burglar is dang lucky he didn't get shot, what with taking a knife to a gun fight and all...and the next house he tries, they might have a dead burglar to clean up....?

One thing is for sure, it's not because it was a nice part of town or anything. Money wasn't talking. This is a very modest area up here.
It just seems like criminals have the idea -- particularly after the fires -- that they can sort of get away with more activity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs