Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 11:54 AM

13 posts, read 32,339 times

Advertisements

hi, i know ive posted questions here in the past about woodland park, etc. but the move is official now, and it will be to divide co. i could really use some help finding a place to land. i'll probably have to grab a pay-by-week hotel unit while i search for rentals. any info on a good hotel would be much appreciated. also any info on rental prices in the area.
thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 01:40 PM

i just realized divide is a little smaller than i thought...may have to look in woodland park after all...

Old 04-01-2011, 01:57 PM

914 posts, read 2,205,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyzeus View Post
i just realized divide is a little smaller than i thought...may have to look in woodland park after all...
It's not like Woodland Park is the other side of the moon - They are only five miles apart with a fairly straight four lane divided highway and only two stoplights.

There are basically two motels in Woodland Park - Country Lodge and Eagle Fire. BUT!!!! There must be hundreds of vacation rental houses in the area. Surely one of them would make you a reasonable deal on a monthly rental. Check the local paper, Craigslist, VRBO.com, Homeaway.com, and then assume that every offering is a fraud until proved otherwise.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:36 PM

6,821 posts, read 10,513,511 times
If you really need pay by week, you'll probably have to be in the Springs for that until you get settled. Lots of people make that commute daily, but it is a tad long.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:51 PM

yes, actually i considered manitou, but was told by my employer 'no'. i need to be staying woodland park or prefereably west of there.
what is the name of the local paper?
thanks

Last edited by heyzeus; 04-01-2011 at 05:20 PM..

Old 04-01-2011, 07:41 PM

6,821 posts, read 10,513,511 times
The Gazette. Colorado Springs News & Information : Colorado Springs Gazette, CO
IMHO, it is no business of your employer where you stay as long as you do the job right.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:11 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,570,310 times
Woodland Park also has the Coachlight Motel and the Loft House. You can (used to anyway) do weekly rentals at the Loft House, and Eagle Fire is a Convention Center with little cabins that may rent by the week. There are rental houses in Divide, and some HUD houses next to the Sheriff's station on Hwy 24, which are pretty nice.

You can get a really good idea of what Divide and Woodland Park look like by doing a Google Earth of Divide and "flying" east/north on Hwy 24 to Woodland Park, then down Hwy 24 to Colorado Springs.

Colorado Community Newspapers Online - News Around Town > Courier Gold Rush > Front This is the Teller County weekly Newspaper.

Home Woodland Park city site -- lots of good info

Country Lodge Woodland Park Colorado - Woodland Park Country Lodge Country Lodge Woodland Park (only place in town with a pool! Free buffet breakfast) I've stayed here many times when I come back to visit and I really enjoy it.

The Lofthouse Inn The Loft House Inn -- Woodland Park

Eagle Fire Lodge and Conference Center Woodland Park Colorado 80866 Eagle Fire Lodge & Conference Center -- Woodland Park

Teller County, Colorado Vacation Rentals, Annual Rentals, Monthly Rentals - Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage -- link to rental homes/condos in Teller County (Woodland Park, Divide, Goldfield, Victor, Cripple Creek and Florissant)

I lived in Divide for 37 years so I'm very familliar with Teller County, Divide and Woodland Park. Good Luck and I hope you find what you need.

Last edited by Marcy1210; 04-02-2011 at 12:13 AM.. Reason: Link to Woodland Park was defective. Re-linked.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:09 AM

3,135 posts, read 11,887,865 times
Not many rentals in Divide. If you don't want to live in a rural setting, then Woodland Park is your best (only) option.

Doing some quick searches on craigslist, ppar.com, and carterhometeam.com, there aren't too many rentals in WP either.

This is the best deal I found for $1,100/month:

Colorado Springs Real Estate - Official MLS Listings - PPAR.com

These are nice townhomes and the 2 car garage is a big plus. Strange they didn't include any interior photos. And the 3rd picture is a completely different place.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:43 AM

ok..ill check into all the links. as long as i find a temporary stay, ill be there in person to look for the home rental.

Old 04-02-2011, 04:35 PM

looks like rockytop will be my best bet for a temporary stay...pretty cheap compared to the rest of the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs