Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 02:15 PM

12 posts, read 15,368 times

Advertisements

I am going be moving to the Springs and I am looking for a apartment that has really good mountain views and that is away from the crime and stuff of the city. I just want some place peaceful and beautiful views. Near a King Soopers will be helpful since I am thinking of transferring with them to the Springs. If can't name a apartment then give me a zip code to look into. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 02:24 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,520,613 times
Something like that could be found almost anywhere in town - it will just depend on the view out your window, which will vary apartment-to-apartment rather than complex-to-complex. I would suggest you go to the King Soopers website and find the addresses of their many El Paso County locations and start there. Zip codes 80906 and 80904 are a few closer to the mountains that you could start with.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:49 PM

23 posts, read 58,412 times
We're moving into the Commons of Briargate next week from Dallas, TX. They are in a great location, have mountain views and have attached garages. Just a suggestion! We will be there for a few months while we are looking for a home to buy.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:31 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Ditto on the Commons of Briargate (at Research and Union Blvds) that is within a mile to the nearest King Soopers, which is large and fairly new and located at 9225 N Union Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80920-7826, (719) 522-2200.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:34 PM

930 posts, read 1,654,557 times
I really loved Cheyenne Crossing in the south part of the Springs, on the west side of 115. There's a King Soopers across the street.

I also have heard good things about an apartment complex across from Coronado HS, and there is a good King Soopers there off of Centennial and Fillmore. That is on the west side of town.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:30 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,520,613 times
That might be The Oasis. Also, I once had an apartment on Quail Lake and it had great views, near to King Soopers, and the lake right out the back door - very nice.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:23 AM

2 posts, read 2,472 times
You're going to find a ton of apartments that have nice views. Camelback Pointe off of Centennial is very close to the King Soopers off of Centennial/Fillmore. It's newer and is on a hill so you have spectacular views.

Is price point a factor for you? You're going to find a major price difference between apartments in NW Springs and SW. I live in 80904 which is SW, and the apartments are a little older. Still have amazing views though- maybe try the Knolls at Sweetgrass...behind a King Soopers

You can still get views in Briargate apartments, but IMHO the views are FAR better if you go west of I-25, where you're actually snuggled up to the mountains. I lived in Briargate for 10 years and much prefer the views/mountain-ey feel of the west side.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:28 AM

930 posts, read 1,654,557 times
I can't believe I forgot about the Knolls. I lived there for two years :P

Old 04-11-2011, 02:46 PM

12 posts, read 15,368 times
Thank you all so much, I guess price would matter since I am going be working retail and it will depend on the money I get there if it will be a pay cut or increase. I live in Atlanta now. I am going be walking to work since I will not have a car. Like I said I want some place safe and some place with great views. I work at Kroger which is the parent company of King. I am hoping to get on full time. I am sick of Georgia. I work 2 part time jobs now and want to be full time with King, I am hoping since there is less people in the Springs then Atlanta I can. I guess I need to come out for a visit. I am taking all your suggestions and check them out online and doing walking directions with Google.

Thank you again.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:25 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,773,995 times
Yep, visiting will help.

But ouch on walking to work being a necessity. You'll at least want a bike. The Springs is a very spread-out city, so if you want to be able to walk to a King Soopers in all sorts of weather in a timely manner you're going to limit your housing options. However, if you have/buy a bike, this is a fun city to ride in (gorgeous views daily) and you'll get in great shape!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs