Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2008, 12:12 PM

4 posts, read 19,576 times

Advertisements

I am a CO native and have lived all over CO all of my life. There aren't that many negatives in COS except for the fact that we are growing so fast.... for a reason, you are considering moving here. That means, the cookie cutter developements are sprouting up everywhere, the highways are finally starting to catch up (won't stay that way), but there is pretty much no public transportation system, if that is important to you. I have also heard it described as "a city that wants to be a town". We are sprawled out... There are getting to be more things to do as far as night life, but If you want the big city night life... go to Denver. The scenery, people, and general feel of this town... city, are unbeatable! All COS needs to be perfect is a beach!

Oh, and to some people the weather is a little... rediculous. We have sun 300 days/year. When it snows, it will dump, then melt and be 65 the next day.... there is a constant breeze being up against the bottom of a 14,000 mountain and all.

But, if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes... it will change!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 01:01 PM

4 posts, read 19,576 times
In & Out can't leave CA

Old 05-10-2008, 03:42 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,309,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayLina View Post
In & Out can't leave CA
They're getting closer. They just opened one in St. George, Utah. What they really need is another meat processing plant in, oh, say Kansas City to spread their goodness throughout the Rocky Mountain and Midwest states. As it is now, they can only extend their reach so far from the plant in LA because they don't freeze it.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:05 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,238,398 times
Quote:
We have sun 300 days/year.
Colorado Springs does not have 300 days of sunshine a year. It's about 235 and at best 250. Denver tourism claims it gets 300 days of sunshine a year but that's a marketing ploy. It bests about 250 days a year too.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:02 PM

17,874 posts, read 27,262,848 times
That's ok too.

The less days of sunshine we get, the more chance we have to getting rain/snow.

We'll take all the cloudy and rainy days we can get.

It's not exactly a rain forest around here in case you haven't noticed.

It doesn't have to rain or snow in Colorado Springs proper to be effective either. Let that snow pound the mountains! I'm all for it.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:37 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,691,497 times
There was a mention of crime. What areas should a new transplant stay away from? Realtors (I was once one so I know) aren't allowed to tell you that information. And sometimes the police in the area can be even less helpful.

Can you find a safe neighborhood for between $90,000-160,000? If so, which one?

Old 05-19-2008, 11:36 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,341,268 times
umm, not unless you find a smoking deal.

If you want a safe and nice neighborhood, better plan on spending over $200K in district 20

Old 05-21-2008, 10:19 AM

1,129 posts, read 2,691,497 times
Thanks R9F-that will help!

Old 05-22-2008, 01:57 AM

44 posts, read 98,964 times
Depends on what you are. If you're a snob than the eastside and northside are perfect for you. Typical overpriced homes where people worry about their yards is the motto in these ares. I live on the East Side(in Villa Loma) and am sick of the snobs that think they are something special just because they live in this so-called "prestige" neighborhood. From reading the post here is seems that it's pretty much snobs that post here too. Now if you're a down to earth person who doesn't mind living in a neighborhood or house with charm or character than try the older so-called rundowns sections that aren't in Snobville Colorado Springs. That means anywhere not on the East side or up towards Briargate and beyond where the deer and the snobalopes roam in Peregrine and Woodman Valley.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:01 AM

44 posts, read 98,964 times
Quote:
I am a CO native and have lived all over CO all of my life. There aren't that many negatives in COS except for the fact that we are growing so fast.... for a reason, you are considering moving here. That means, the cookie cutter developements are sprouting up everywhere, the highways are finally starting to catch up (won't stay that way), but there is pretty much no public transportation system, if that is important to you. I have also heard it described as "a city that wants to be a town". We are sprawled out... There are getting to be more things to do as far as night life, but If you want the big city night life... go to Denver. The scenery, people, and general feel of this town... city, are unbeatable! All COS needs to be perfect is a beach!

Oh, and to some people the weather is a little... rediculous. We have sun 300 days/year. When it snows, it will dump, then melt and be 65 the next day.... there is a constant breeze being up against the bottom of a 14,000 mountain and all.

But, if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes... it will change!
No public transportation? You must live in the snobby section of town-the buses down run up that way because they figure the yuppies that live there don't need public transportation. Don't be giving out false information about the Springs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs