Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 07:23 PM

15 posts, read 21,786 times

Advertisements

I will likely be moving to the area in the next few months and I was wondering if anyone knew of any parts of town that have a good community feel and maybe have community events on a regular basis. I was thinking of events like movies on the lawn, block parties, stuff like that. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 05:36 AM

1,331 posts, read 5,082,894 times
I would check out Manitou Springs. They have coffin races and other community events! Cool stuff you're looking for!

Old 05-16-2011, 08:44 AM

310 posts, read 1,246,363 times
Go to Denver. Littleton (Centennial) has tons of stuff like that. Also, the city of Denver has outdoor movies all summer long at various parks. There is a fee, but it's a great deal.

Colorado Springs has sort of a "cold war" feeling to me.

Denver has the fun.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:51 AM

35 posts, read 70,512 times
Wolf Ranch has a lot of that. check their website for information. www.wolf-ranch.com

Old 05-16-2011, 12:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
I don't live in the Springs, I live in Boulder County. However, I think the "block party" stuff is serendiptious. It just depends on the block, or neighborhood. Most communities offer concerts in the park, farmer's markets, stuff like that.

Old 05-16-2011, 05:45 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,518,651 times
I think Woodmoor had some of that, and maybe Old Colorado City.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:01 PM

15 posts, read 21,786 times
Thanks for the responses! Unfortunately, I was interested in areas in Colorado Springs or just outside, Denver is too far from where my job will be. Does anyone know if there are any community events in the old North End area?

Old 05-16-2011, 08:33 PM

727 posts, read 1,366,178 times
Having just moved to Old North End a few months ago, I haven't yet experienced a full year's worth of activities. However, I know that the ONEN (Old North End Neighborhood Association) has a number of events. They've sponsored neighborhood walking tours of the historic homes and buildings in the neighborhood; Halloween is big deal, mostly because of increased security (police and private security patrols) to make sure the kids have a safe outing. I know there's a big neighborhood garage sale each year (I think it's scheduled for some time in June). There's a new book that's just been published on the North End architecture organized as walking tours; we just went to a book signing reception for that. I think a lot of the activities in the neighborhood center on the historic nature of the area, but the year's young yet. We'll see what else happens.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:13 AM

812 posts, read 1,470,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz0003 View Post
Thanks for the responses! Unfortunately, I was interested in areas in Colorado Springs or just outside, Denver is too far from where my job will be. Does anyone know if there are any community events in the old North End area?
You might take a look at an area near Garden of the Gods Park called "Pleasant Valley." Specifically, the area near "Rock Ledge Ranch," which has various events throughout the year, mostly over Spring/Summer. We live over toward Bear Creek Park (also on the Westside) and our neighborhood has a really relaxed vibe, but there aren't "events" constantly happening (though we hear the sounds of the Rodeo every summer at the Norris Penrose Center). In some ways, you almost have to live in a city for a time before you can know for certain which areas you gravitate to and would enjoy the most.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:47 AM

224 posts, read 732,642 times
Stetson Hills has some community events - like garage sale weekends, and they had a "fun fest" in one of the parks last summer with bouncy houses, games, etc, and they have Sky Sox baseball game days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs