Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 02:25 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,467,993 times

Advertisements

Oh, everyone I know has traditional jobs, with big companies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 02:41 PM

13 posts, read 32,203 times
Maybe it's too much fresh air for most people. Everyone who lives in COS is very blessed to do so, I am baffled to why more people are not here, most who visit want to move here, they just have no clue until they get here.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:33 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,189,754 times
The only thing I see wrong with CS is all the whiners on this thread. You can have a really nice life in the springs. Sure, other places may pay more but money isn't everything. Having a bigger and nicer house wont make you happier. Being content with less and appreciating all of the perks that come with the area is exactly what I want.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:45 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,012,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado revealed View Post
Maybe it's too much fresh air for most people. Everyone who lives in COS is very blessed to do so, I am baffled to why more people are not here, most who visit want to move here, they just have no clue until they get here.
Been there many times, I don't want to live there.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:53 AM

13 posts, read 32,203 times
Question for Cupcake77, why do you come here so much and not live here, family, work or just plain rather have it as a come to spot? I ask because it's amazing here and since I have been here (5 months) I have gone to 5 great outdoors activities. My kids love it, my wife loves it and I do too, I am always curious why people live in the places they do, mine is a bit different, but the weather, the view, the outdoor things-to-do, just totally rocks compared to many other places I have lived. There are a few things here I would like to see more of and that is a more expanded music scene, but then again Denver has anything I want like that

Old 06-22-2011, 07:36 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
I don't understand why anyone would want a place to grow exponentially, but anyway.....

I used to be a huge hater when it came to Colorado Springs.

Not anymore.

Most every time I went there I felt this weird unwelcoming feeling. I wasn't a fan of the traffic on Academy Blvd, or the new houses everywhere. It felt like a big giant Highlands Ranch, but at the same time it didn't feel like there wasn't enough there to justify its size, land-wise. It felt like a big giant "nothing" with a very pretty mountain in its face.

I spent the last two Saturdays there, and saw some areas of town I hadn't seen before (Fountain Blvd, Pikes Peak Ave, Downtown, the Old North End (neat/nice neighborhood btw).

I also met some great people. And they were remarkably normal (and even remembered my name ). The neighborhoods I drove through seemed pretty normal too. Sadly, I'm almost suffocated by the lack of "normal" here in Denver. Visiting the Springs was a nice change.

So I guess given a certain set of circumstances, I could probably survive living in the Springs if I had to, and at the same time not hate it. Heck, it sure is cheap. The lack of diversified jobs, and the sprawl bother me a bit (the religion/military things to a far lesser extent), but there are always going to be things that bother me everywhere I go.

As to why there aren't "that many people there", there are plenty. For one, it sure as heck doesn't need any new "master-planned" developments.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:38 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,116,315 times
It does'nt matter where you chose to live there are compromises. After living in the CO high country found out I'm allergic to cities. Springs feels less "city" for me and is a nice fit. Couldn't pay me to live in Menver. Just my $.02. RP

Old 06-22-2011, 08:54 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,012,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado revealed View Post
Question for Cupcake77, why do you come here so much and not live here, family, work or just plain rather have it as a come to spot? I ask because it's amazing here and since I have been here (5 months) I have gone to 5 great outdoors activities. My kids love it, my wife loves it and I do too, I am always curious why people live in the places they do, mine is a bit different, but the weather, the view, the outdoor things-to-do, just totally rocks compared to many other places I have lived. There are a few things here I would like to see more of and that is a more expanded music scene, but then again Denver has anything I want like that

Hello, I am a native of Colorado. I go to co springs because it's central for everyone to meet. We all live all over so it's just a halfway point.

Too many Texans have moved there and Co. Springs is developing a dialect such as all ya all and fixin to. It also seems many of the people are kind of scraggly looking. Even beofre all the people started moving into Co. Springs it seemed like an undesirable city, now it's just bad. We all met up there for Fathers Day and we all decided to start meeting in Castle rock.

I also know a guy who was born and raised there and has since decided to move out of the city and he used to love it.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:09 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,116,315 times
At least the people here are "real". Not the pretentious bunch in the "city". To each their own.
After living in the mountains you can pick out a front ranger by a mile. RP

Old 06-22-2011, 09:17 AM

520 posts, read 730,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
Hello, I am a native of Colorado. I go to co springs because it's central for everyone to meet. We all live all over so it's just a halfway point.

Too many Texans have moved there and Co. Springs is developing a dialect such as all ya all and fixin to. It also seems many of the people are kind of scraggly looking. Even beofre all the people started moving into Co. Springs it seemed like an undesirable city, now it's just bad. We all met up there for Fathers Day and we all decided to start meeting in Castle rock.

I also know a guy who was born and raised there and has since decided to move out of the city and he used to love it.
What do you find "bad" about C Springs? Oh and not only Texans use words like y'all and finna(fixin to).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs