Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2011, 06:51 PM

10 posts, read 17,902 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I have been in lurking and searching these forums for sometime and I looking for some knowledgeable people to give me some advise.

I am waiting for an offer in colo springs. I would be a territory sales manager covering colo. springs and down to pueblo. I would be driving that area weekly for my job. I have taken the idea out of my head of living in south denver and commuting as i have read the many posts of the horrid commute daily. I have no real knowledge of what are good and bad areas of color springs other than stay away from south and the airport.

The only area that i have looked at is briar gate. could anyone provide other areas in colo springs to live in an apartment, and or good apartment they can recommend. In those cities can you let me know of areas to avoid of long term construction/traffic bottleneck areas. Budget is around 1100 for rent.

Also on a side note what is the normal drive time from colo to breck? I am an avid skier and would like the real world estimate not google maps estimate. I am an avid powderhound so I would be running to the mountains in many cases after some "bad" weather.

Thanks in advance

My fingers are so crossed that i get this job and move to colorado... so tired of this AZ heat

Stephen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 07:56 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Look up along Centennial Blvd, above the 5000 block. Use padmapper.com to see what up there.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:57 AM

2,140 posts, read 6,468,350 times
Yes, around Garden of the Gods may be good for you. There may be nice condos/townhouses for rent as well.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:15 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,098,599 times
I'm on a similar budget and moving to the same area. Use padmapper and set the qualifications you want. Be advised there may be several that don't make the cut. Padmapper had the best tools I had found, but there are people more qualified than I to make that recommendation.

Important things to know
Do you need a view of the mountains? (A good view, not a sliver view)
What floor do you want to live on?
Do you want dogs?
Do you want a no-smoking complex? I can't seem to find those. I live in one now and love it.
Do you need a garage or a car stall?

Check apartment ratings to look for negative reviews. If you are serious about moving somewhere read them all. Be aware that SOMETIMES, not often, but sometimes apartment management companies go on there and post several fake reviews to raise the score because they have been blasted for stealing deposits/mistreating customers, etc. If you can find something where 2 thirds of reviews are positive and appear to be legit, you will probably have a good experience. Remember that unhappy people are more likely to spend the time to go tell their story. You can also compare the individual stories, sometimes the disgruntled renter had unrealistic expectations, sometimes they didn't. It is important to take everything with a grain of salt. If there is one specific place you are considering and want a hand finding the potential problems toss me the name and I'll check it out. Unlike padmapper, this is something that I've become an expert in.

PS. Never move without checking apartment ratings. I nearly got taken for a ride once before checking. It turned out about half the people posting mentioned that their deposits were stolen, some even providing evidence that the apartment was not damaged. I checked their truthfulness by checking on "state of the art weight room". That crap was broken down and out of date ten years prior. That let me know that the management routinely and openly lied to prospective customers. Their word had no value, and I couldn't feel comfortable signing any legally binding document with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs