Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:36 AM

1 posts, read 4,901 times

Advertisements

HELP! looks like we will be relocating to CS area very soon! can anyone give any ideas on where to begin looking for a home that will allow horses, close to good night life along with good schools?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 12:14 PM

26,119 posts, read 48,726,501 times
1. Little nightlife in COL SPGS, except for a bit in the downtown area, a few bar bands, etc. Search on nightlife.

2. Horse properties tend to be in outer areas, 30-45 minutes from downtown, but a few are around. One large boarding stable called Kettle Creek Ranch, near Briargate, zip 80920, school district 20. Black Forest, zip 80908 is big on horse areas and 5-acre ranchettes, realtors know which areas are geared to horses, quite a few. Up in the mountains or out on the plains you'll find many places, often an hour or more from town. Try searching on horse or horses or equestrian.

Your Colorado Limo awaits:

Last edited by Mike from back east; 04-27-2012 at 07:41 PM..

Old 07-12-2007, 07:17 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,098,291 times
Love it Mike!!!!! LOA

Old 07-12-2007, 11:01 PM

648 posts, read 2,932,476 times
Good points Mike! How far do you want to commute to downtown? Also, it will depend on how much you want to spend.. D-49 has land for horses too. The land tends to be cheaper out there. They have some charter schools out there that I have heard good things about. bashep

Old 08-29-2010, 08:46 AM

2 posts, read 5,517 times
Default Ft Carson area, horse property for RENT

Hi,
My husband and I are living in Germany right now, but will be moving to Ft. Carson in mid December '10. We Need to find a place to rent that would be good for horses. I plan on buying 1 or 2 a few months after we arrive. We have a female German Shepherd who will be 1year old by then and she doesnt dig or have any bad habbits. We want her to be an outdoor dog so the yard has to be fenced. And we want to be closer to the base.

I have looked everywhere and there isnt hardly anything except craigslist and even then there isnt much. Im not picky if its fenced and has a shed/barn that is fine, but I also dont want a run down house either. Just anyone who has a place or knows of one that will be ready to be rented out in December, please let me know.

Thanks so much for your time
-Hannah

Old 08-29-2010, 09:23 AM

2,140 posts, read 6,442,260 times
Yes, it very difficult to find rental horse properties. Good luck. You might be better off renting an inexpensive house and board until you can find a property. Often realty sites offer searches rental options.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:43 AM

26,119 posts, read 48,726,501 times
Hannah, put your own ad in craigslist seeking to rent such a property. You may get several replies, but beware of scammers who want you to wire them a down payment, etc.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-29-2010, 05:51 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,098,291 times
You aren't going to find anything in Fountain/D2 Harrison southern COS next to base nor in D12 Cheyenne Mtn/Norad area. Unless you luck out and find something in Little Ranches in Ftn. Hanover will have more but for rent and possibly in Midway? Not sure though. Falcon is a better bet. Or, you can go south and rent something down Hwy 115 down in Penrose. But, Colorado Springs is mostly cookie cutter neighborhoods/bedroom community and most with very little property. Most farms/properties with land like you are speaking of are out in Falcon but not close to Ft. Carson. I am not sure how much you will like Midway and Hanover either- pretty desolate out there. I see a couple out in Midway, which is off of I25 between Pueblo and Fountain (modular homes). So think modular out on some rolling hills with no trees and pretty desolate. Your commute will best from there. Falcon properties that fit your bill will be about an hour away and its your next closest. Penrose is about an hour too. I have a teacher friend who commutes to Mesa Elem from Penrose and it takes her an hr, so if you use HWY 115 gates should be closer.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:58 PM

87 posts, read 219,066 times
Quote:
Most farms/properties with land like you are speaking of are out in Falcon but not close to Ft. Carson.
not an hour away,not even close. 20-30 minutes TOPS.

If you take Meridian or Curtis or Marksheffel to Drennan it's a breeze.

Best bet indeed is to find a place short term and hold off on buying the horses until you find a property.

You can get 5 acres very cheap and put up your own pole barn, if you don't mind leaving your horses
alone.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:07 PM

87 posts, read 219,066 times
Quote:
You might be better off renting an inexpensive house and board until you can find a property
I agree

Southmoor Stables in Widefield is verrry reasonable,minutes away from Fort Carson, and you can find a nice place to live in Widefield or Fountain..Horse Boarding Security/Widefield | Fountain | eBay Classifieds (Kijiji) | 528799 (http://coloradosprings.ebayclassifieds.com/livestock/fountain/horse-boarding-security-widefield/?ad=528799 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs