Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 06:49 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colabear View Post
. I know the GLBT group has a block ad on the official chamber of commerce map and I saw several rainbow stickers driving around. I'd say give Springs a try.
I say move to California. Stay with your own kind.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:02 AM

1,225 posts, read 3,229,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Wow, if you really think that you have to travel all the way to California to find gay people, then you really need to open your eyes. I don't know alot about Colorado Springs since I don't live there but I know that Denver has a huge gay population. In fact, Denver has the 8th highest gay population of major cities in the U.S. Here is the link with some demographic statistics (stats are towards the bottom of the page):

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_village

You should see Gay Pride weekend in June... the parade is huge (it is recognized as one of the top 10 largest pride parades in the country) and is very well supported by the community. The event draws more than 200,000 people annually. Here is more information:

http://http://denverpridefest.org/

Last edited by downtownnola; 05-16-2008 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: Links

Old 05-16-2008, 09:07 AM

719 posts, read 2,618,070 times
Men in drag, on leashes, in arseless chaps dry humping each other? NO THANK YOU.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:17 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,975,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colabear View Post
We're moving to Springs in July. My 25 year-old son is single, gay and stuck in a dead end job here and we would love to have him move with us, but he's concerned about all of the stereotypes about Springs he's heard. Having been there a few times, I don't really get the vibe that the place is anti-gay. Focus on the Family is based there, but doesn't own everything or everyone. In fact, reading the Gazette, I get the distinct impression they like to poke Dr. Dobson in the eye whenever they get the chance. My impression of the place is that it's a cool place to live with smart, friendly people who would make any reasonable person feel welcome. I know the GLBT group has a block ad on the official chamber of commerce map and I saw several rainbow stickers driving around. I'd say give Springs a try.
I think your perceptions are correct. Dobson is just one guy. COS is a conservative place (as any military town would be), but there is a GLBT community there. Just tell your son to stay south of Fillmore and he'll be fine.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:21 AM

719 posts, read 2,618,070 times
Does GLBT mean gorgonzola, lettuce, bacon and tomato? Yummo!

Old 05-16-2008, 10:00 AM

1,225 posts, read 3,229,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
Men in drag, on leashes, in arseless chaps dry humping each other? NO THANK YOU.
LOL, people who do those sorts of things are a small percentage of the people who go but I know what you mean.

That's what makes this country great- you don't have to go anywhere near the Gay Pride Parade if you don't want to but at the same time I am free to go if I desire to. We all have different opinions, and choose to live our lives in different ways, which is ok. I respect your differences, as I would hope you would do the same for me.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:06 PM

188 posts, read 933,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If you are in Germany why would you care? I'm not gay myself, but would welcome anyone who wants to live here and the more diversity the better.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:06 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,125,173 times
You know...I always found it ironic how religious of a community "we" are and yet how quick to judge and unaccepting "we" are. I could have sworn that God was the only one who could judge, decide who gets in through those pearly gates, not "we" sinners. We all sin, one way or another, we all sin.

Again, this post is OLD, the poster is gone, can't you let this thread die? We are NOT to rant and rave, go on and ON on this forum. Read the rules.

Mike from back east- can you lock this thread? It is serving no purpose. Thanks.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:38 PM

149 posts, read 323,075 times
I actually find this thread interesting. Maybe we should close every thread where people differ in opinion. Although OP is gone the thread would be of interest to several others. Not all threads are of value to the OP only, but also to those that read or search in the future. I don't think this thread has been offensive or cruel. It has displayed the various opinions of the area regarding same sex relationships. Is this not the purpose of the forum? Please do not invoke censorship just because you don't like the thread. Just don't click on it.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:54 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetjanetbobanet View Post
If you are in Germany why would you care? I'm not gay myself, but would welcome anyone who wants to live here and the more diversity the better.
My wife and I are retiring to Colorado Springs when we are done in Germany.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs