Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 04:07 PM

26,329 posts, read 94,015,137 times

Advertisements

Normally inexpensive homes are in places with no jobs, crummy weather, and/or crime. What about inexpensive homes with jobs, decent weather and low crime?

CSBJ Blog: Springs has most affordable homes in state (http://csbjblog.blogspot.com/2007/09/springs-has-most-affordable-homes-in.html - broken link)

Old 09-29-2007, 09:21 PM

2,756 posts, read 13,008,165 times
What about Pueblo? Surely home prices there are cheaper than the Springs? A

nd how about Aspen? Surely Aspen can top Boulder in home prices.

My guess is that they have a minimum size of community, although Pueblo and Boulder are roughly equivalent in population.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:40 PM

52 posts, read 219,191 times
What???
I found home prices to be very low. I was looking at homes that go for under 100 a sq ft. and that is unheard of anywhere in the West. And some were new homes too.
Here in Northern Nevada for the last three years homes were going for 200 to 250 a sq ft. You could not find a home under $300,000. We are in Real Estate here and still had to pay $485,000 for a 3/2/2 on 0ne Acre in 2005. It is nothing special.
I just came back from C. Springs and found beautiful homes for under $300,000. If you can't afford $250,000 for a home you should wait to buy.
The bubble has burst and homes prices are falling. Anyone can buy soon.
Sharon

Old 10-19-2007, 12:22 PM

12 posts, read 50,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Card Shark 2 View Post
What???
I found home prices to be very low. I was looking at homes that go for under 100 a sq ft. and that is unheard of anywhere in the West. And some were new homes too.
Here in Northern Nevada for the last three years homes were going for 200 to 250 a sq ft. You could not find a home under $300,000. We are in Real Estate here and still had to pay $485,000 for a 3/2/2 on 0ne Acre in 2005. It is nothing special.
I just came back from C. Springs and found beautiful homes for under $300,000. If you can't afford $250,000 for a home you should wait to buy.
The bubble has burst and homes prices are falling. Anyone can buy soon.
Sharon

If you really are in Real Estate, I certainly would not want you to represent me in finding a home.....your remark "If you can't afford $250,000 for a home you should wait to buy" is absurd. There are PLENTY of nice homes in Colorado Springs way under that figure. Not everyone feels the need to "keep up with the Joneses" and have a huge mortgage. Your other remark of "Anyone can buy soon" again is way off. Along with prices falling (buyer's market), there is an increase in foreclosures, which in turn makes mortgage lenders tighten their belts and scrutinize a little closer who they lend to.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:20 PM

52 posts, read 219,191 times
Wink Reply to Note

Just because Real Estate is different in different locales does not make me a bad agent. My husband is a California and Nevada Broker and he has been doing it for 35 years with me as his assistant.

I realize some people can only afford homes under $200,000 and that is fine. But in many areas that will get you a home in the area of town where you are less safe and the value of your property is at risk. We have been investors for over 20 years and I still buy every home for resale even when I live there. That is the only smart approach.

Yes, I saw less expensive homes in the Springs but I was less impressed with the neighborhoods. The homes between $200K and $300K can get you into a more desirable neighborhood. And that does not mean I am trying to keep up with the Jones or that I am filthy rich. I is just smart.

My son is an Army Capt now in Iraq and his division moves to the Springs next year. We are going to advise him to buy the best home in the best neighborhood that money can buy as long as you can afford the mortgage per month. And I am not talking about taking a funny loan.

I realize some people think that Real estate agents make tons of money and they don't have to work hard but I will tell you we work just as hard and even harder (24/7) for your money.

Thanks for letting me voice my opinion too.
Sharon

Old 08-21-2008, 11:02 PM

16,427 posts, read 22,268,800 times
Quote:
What???
IThe bubble has burst and homes prices are falling. Anyone can buy soon.
Sharon
Not unless you have a good credit rating and a secure job (or buy cash).

Old 08-22-2008, 12:33 PM

252 posts, read 928,674 times
Quote:
Just because Real Estate is different in different locales does not make me a bad agent. My husband is a California and Nevada Broker and he has been doing it for 35 years with me as his assistant.

I realize some people can only afford homes under $200,000 and that is fine. But in many areas that will get you a home in the area of town where you are less safe and the value of your property is at risk. We have been investors for over 20 years and I still buy every home for resale even when I live there. That is the only smart approach.

Yes, I saw less expensive homes in the Springs but I was less impressed with the neighborhoods. The homes between $200K and $300K can get you into a more desirable neighborhood. And that does not mean I am trying to keep up with the Jones or that I am filthy rich. I is just smart.

My son is an Army Capt now in Iraq and his division moves to the Springs next year. We are going to advise him to buy the best home in the best neighborhood that money can buy as long as you can afford the mortgage per month. And I am not talking about taking a funny loan.

I realize some people think that Real estate agents make tons of money and they don't have to work hard but I will tell you we work just as hard and even harder (24/7) for your money.

Thanks for letting me voice my opinion too.
Sharon
I'm glad to hear your son is a "CPT" (CAPT is an AF and USN rank) in the Army and I wish him a safe return from Iraq. But what on earth does that have to do with being a good realtor???????? I'm also sure you work hard, I'm sure your husband works hard, but I can guarantee there are much harder working people out there than realtors........... your CPT son for one ! Try being a Soldier if you really want to know what hard work is. There ARE people out there who work very hard and can't afford a $200,000 house and never will, no matter how hard they work.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:36 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,207,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxLuva View Post
I'm glad to hear your son is a "CPT" (CAPT is an AF and USN rank)
Note to self:
CAPT = Navy & Air Force
CPT = Army.

Since I wouldn't want to seem foolish when discussing military rankings online.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:54 PM

16,427 posts, read 22,268,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
Note to self:
CAPT = Navy & Air Force
CPT = Army.

Since I wouldn't want to seem foolish when discussing military rankings online.
So as not to feel foolish further, a Navy Captain is the same rank as a full Colonel in the Air Force or Army.

Old 08-25-2008, 04:27 PM

2,949 posts, read 8,401,920 times
Yeah for real! What kind of gib have you been cooking up and smoking? I make near $60K a year, and still, there's no way I could afford a $250,000 house by myself.

The mortgage would be around $2000 a month!! That would be half my monthly income!

Wouldn't that debt ratio be a little high?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs