Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2007, 05:00 PM

4 posts, read 20,031 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are considering a move to the Springs area this coming summer. We have 3 children, one entering HS next fall. The younger 2 elementary school aged. My husband is currently employed as a Dept. Mgr. for a large printing corp. While he makes a great living for us, we have had dreams of relocating to the Springs area for some years now. My entire family is there, and it's where we'd love to spend the rest of our lives.

My main concern is relocating and not being able to find jobs in my husband's line of work. He's actively applied for jobs there for the past couple years and has yet to receive any phone calls. I'm just curious what the job market is like. We've also looked into a head hunter. He informed us there's not much of anything that we're interested in jobwise, and if there is COS is pretty much a place where you have to know so and so at X co. to get a job.

Any advice would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 11:04 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
There's is bound to be some printing work in COL SPGS. Denver, with 2.5M people and the big dog of cities in the Intermountain West, is bound to have a healthy printing biz. Google on the correct keywords to find data sources.

Another reason for mentioning Denver is that if you locate anywhere from Pueblo to Fort Collins, you should be close enough to the family and get all the benefits of living in Colorado. Living in Monument, Palmer Lake, Larkspur or Castle Rock puts you in the middle between Denver and COL SPGS, so he can work either or both cities, and you'll be very close to family.

Many out of town folks get internet phone service via Vonage AND make sure they get a 719 area code. That way it LOOKS like they are local when local employers want to call for an interview. This is said to greatly improve the chances of getting hired. If there is family here, use THEIR address and phone for calls and he should get some hits.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:59 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,913,962 times
I am with Mike on the Denver area for printing jobs. There are some major printers up in the north/northwest end of the Denver Metro area - historically speaking that is. It been a few years since I have heard much about it but in the past, printers (major ones) are up there.

We have a few good printers down here but I am not sure of the job market for printing down here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs