Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 11:52 AM

3 posts, read 3,658 times

Advertisements

Hey Gang, We're moving to the Springs in a couple of weeks and need info on getting our vehicles registration done.
I've looked through the past posts and even called El Paso county to get the right info.
We're moving from out of state and have two trailers, two cars and a pickup. All are paid for.
One of the cars has a non-operative tag (65 corvair) and the pickup has handicaped plates on it. We also have a handicaped plackard.
According one person at the county everything would just transfer over, but when I called back I got a different story telling me I not only had to have all five vehicles verified, but would have to get a Doc in Colorado fill out new paperwork for the handicap plates.
I'm recieving S.S. Disabilty and have the paperwork to support it, but was told to find a Doc anyway.
Anybody else been there and done that who could send me in the right direction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 12:45 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,373,749 times
Yes, you will need a VIN verification done on everything if you wish to register it from out of state. And I don't know where you're from, but get ready to bend over for the new registration fees and taxes.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:10 PM

Ya, I'm ready for the high reg. fees and taxes. Does anybody know where I can take the vehicles to get the vin done in the Peyton area?
I'm from the "peoples republic of Kalifornia".
The registration on my truck is going from $250 a year to $1,400 starting next year. Even with the disabled plates! We just got to get out of Kali. Health problems, firearm laws and taxes have driven us out. Tho the guns laws in Co. are getting stupid, I don't want to argue that here.
Was hoping to get info on the handicap plates and having to see a local doctor to get them. Called again to the County and got a different answer again.
We're both retired and looking to enjoy what the Springs have to offer. Thanks to all the good info from you guys on the forum here we were able to find a house and clubs to get into. We may be old and retired, but we're not slowing down yet.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:33 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
When we came here in 2005 we got the VINs certified at Jiffy Lube.....then took that to the DMV along with our titles, proof of insurance, driver's licenses and got COLO tags, titles and DLs.

Your out of state hang tags should be good for a while, since all states honor the hang tags of visitors who drive in from other states.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:40 AM

Thanks. And a fat checking account right. ha ha. Thats sounds about the way it should be. Everytime we call to find out what to do we get a different answer. Boy I can't wait for all the fun when I bring my cars up from Az. and Tx.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:10 PM

177 posts, read 314,816 times
And it will only get worse w/ the pick-pockets (Dems) up north.

Used to be you could keep your car and after 10 years you would pay $10/year to register it.

Now after 10 years it is more than $45, and expect those rates to keep going up. If I remember it was our Republican governor who raised the rates on the vehicle registrations (?).

Bring your checkbook, you will write a pretty big check at the DMV! The first few years are VERY high to register a new car, but it does get cheaper after a few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
View detailed profiles of: