Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 10:23 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlekw View Post
I'm dragging up an older thread ....
That's the preferred thing to do, i.e., keep our knowledge concentrated within info-dense threads.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 06:42 PM

665 posts, read 1,295,329 times
I *think* most agree that Wahsatch divides Patty Jewett and ONEN and Shooks Run and Downtown. It's what divides Patty Jewett and Shooks Run/ONEN and Downtown that isn't quite clear to me. It's either Uintah or Cache for sure. There's also suppose to be Upper Shooks Run and Middle Shooks Run.

Here is a site that shows boundries for HOA's, which indicates the Upper and Middle sections.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:06 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,520,613 times
I just found another map that said Shooks Run goes from I-25 to Hancock east-west and from Cache La Poudre to St. Vrain north-south. //www.city-data.com/neighborhoo...prings-CO.html

According to a website for the Middle Shooks Run Neighborhood Association, Middle SR's boundaries are: "The Middle Shooks Run neighborhood is defined as the area bounded on the south by Pikes Peak Avenue; on the west by Wahsatch between Pikes Peak Avenue and Cache La Poudre and by Weber between Cache LaPoudre and Uintah; on the north by Uintah Street; and on the east by Hancock Street." http://msrna.org/?page_id=2

Some other searches suggest Upper Shooks Run and Patty Jewett might be relatively interchangeable....but who knows?

Old 02-03-2015, 08:17 PM

481 posts, read 1,300,908 times
I gathered it was Wahsatch or Weber that divides Shooks Run and Patty Jewett from ONEN as north/south route. It's the east/west dividing street between SR and PJ that I never determined. Uintah is what I assumed, Cache la Poudre is close enough to make sense, too. Since Shooks Run Park is between Platte and Cache la Poudre I associate that area as the "heart" of Shooks Run. South Shooks Runs Park is on Fountain but I always figured that was because Shooks Run (the creek) flows south that way more than it is really part of the neighborhood.

I gathered that north Shooks Run and Patty Jewett and ONEN are pretty interchangeable. I was just curious because I've never gotten a definite answer on the dividing lines between the neighborhoods. It's not as clear of a difference as it is between, say, Patty Jewett and Divine Redeemer or Knob Hill. Regardless, it's one of my favorite parts of the Springs and I appreciate the input.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:25 PM

In order to keep a bit warm by keeping my blood flowing on my bicycle ride home from work today I tooled around the areas I asked about and noticed something I haven't before. The city puts black and white street signs above the regular green and white ones that say "Historic North End." Those signs only go as far east as Weber and no further south than Uintah. If the street signs are to be believed, it would appear that ONEN is encompassed on the south and east by those streets. Just an observation in my quest to figure this out.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:10 AM

The signs actually go over to Wahsatch. Thought it was funny that I went to double check that on google maps and found this pic. Is it you Littlekw??? lol

Also, in case you didn't know...they turned Corona into a "Bike Boulevard" and the bike lane is literally the size of a car lane. Pretty cool.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:21 AM

^ I hit Wahsatch further south so I must have missed the signs there. Thanks for clearing that up. Nope, that isn't me but could have been on just about any given day.

I noticed the wide bike boulevard on Corona. I've taken that route a few times to avoid traffic on El Paso on the weekday mornings. I'm liking how the city is becoming more bicycle and pedestrian friendly all the time. I see on the bike system map they're expanding and lengthening more trails to connect to each other better, too. https://www.springsgov.com/units/par...ps/mgentrl.htm

Old 02-05-2015, 10:55 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
The photo is at Columbia and Wahsatch; just two blocks east of there is Colombia and Corona where sits a little gem of a coffee shop called Dog Tooth Coffee. They've a bike rack to park your wheels and IIRC bowls for one's dogs. I highly recommend it for their sandwiches as well as the coffee. It actually sits adjacent to Shooks Run Trail. IMO that is one of the most livable and walkable areas of the city.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 02-05-2015 at 12:03 PM..

Old 02-05-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
The photo is at Columbia and Wahsatch; just two blocks east of there is Colombia and Corona where sits a little gem of a coffee shop called Dog Tooth Coffee. They've a bike rack to park your wheels and IIRC bowls for one's dogs. I highly recommend it for their sandwiches as well as the coffee. It actually sits adjacent to Shooks Run Trail. IMO that is one of the most livable and walkable areas of the city.
It's actually one block over, Mike.

I use to really like the place, but I can't say I still do. For one, their breakfast sandwich was pretty blah. And they're selling Costco muffins for $3.50. Everyone knows they're under $7 for a dozen. If it was made in their kitchen I could see that price. But that's quite a markup for a muffin.

Old 02-05-2015, 05:14 PM

I've ridden past Dog Tooth Coffee several times and have been meaning to try them out. Even if the food isn't all that great, I'm a coffee lover and need to stop in just for that.

In that same area I discovered an old service station with a building next to it with a vintage sign for "Corona Street Garage." Anyone know the history of that place? I have to admit I envy the owners of such a neat piece of Americana. The fun I could have with those old buildings...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs