Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 05:11 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,372,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrab View Post
Very happy for you Adios.
I'm moving from West Denver to Monument in a couple of weeks and I'm SO psyched.
You'll be arriving at a great time. To have some fun right off the bat, here are some free or very affordable events we have going on in and around Monument this summer:

1. Concert in the Park - Actually, it just finished up for the season last night, but it should be back for its 14th season next year. Always fun and FREE.

2. Art Hop - Third Thursday of each month, May through September, the galleries, restaurants and boutiques of historic downtown Monument stay open until 8:00pm featuring art openings, good food, live music and other special events. Mostly FREE.

3. TLCA Music Festival - On August 31st 2013, Tri Lakes Art Center will sponsor an all-day music festival featuring The Charlie Daniels Band at the old campground across from Monument Lake. Tickets are $35 and available through Tickets West.

4. Rocky Mountain Chautauqua Assembly - 2-4 August 2013 - The Palmer Lake Historical Society is presents the 2013 Return of the Rocky Mountain Chautauqua in our historic town of Palmer Lake. This year's event will build on last year’s success, which drew hundreds of people to Palmer Lake to watch and participate in activities. History-related events this year will include more interactive activities for the entire family. Free admission for most events.

5. Fishing, Hiking, Biking and more - All over the Tri-Lakes Area. ALWAYS FREE and beautiful! Unfortunately Palmer Lake is bone dry for its second straight summer, so no fishing there, but there are two nice reservoirs in the canyon west of town. There is an Awake the Lake committee in town working hard to find a solution for fill and preserve Palmer Lake for future generations. And...

6. Awake the Lake Benefit Concert Series - https://www.facebook.com/AwakePalmerLake - a series of shows held at The Villa in Palmer Lake all summer long, all proceeds going to the Lake Restoration efforts. I think admission is $10. The Facebook page as a lot of current information about that.

7. Wednesday Run Club - Every Wednesday (weather permitting) through Daylight Savings Time at 6:30 pm at Speedtrap Cafe in Palmer Lake. Routes and distances vary. It's free, but you need to sign up which you can do at the shop, or via email at speedtraprunclub@gmail.com (they also have a trail-bikers' group)

8. Regular art showings and Concerts at Tri lakes Art Center - Tri-Lakes Center For The Arts - Art, Entertainment, and Culture

9. Strolling the streets of Historic Monument, including a Car Show in June and other events throughout the summer. Also, Palmer Lake is not as stroll-able through town, but they have some great restaurants. They've changed a lot lately, so I can give more info on that upon request.

10. Landscaping your yard, with supplies purchased at R Rockyard. (my personal favorite.. but I'm weird like that)

Is that enough to keep you bust for a month or two? If not, visit the official website for the town of Monument and they have a full event calendar and other helpful links. Welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 10:25 PM

177 posts, read 422,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
You'll be arriving at a great time.
...Welcome!
Thank you otterprods!

Now I'm extra psyched. Counting the days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs