Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 06:20 PM

61 posts, read 173,881 times

Advertisements

You guys are going to laugh..... do you know the difference in food prices that I see compared to So Cal? Comparative price for fresh meat and veges but the meat looks better. On the shelf products! Wow what a difference! Much lower. Anybody else see that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 08:53 PM

252 posts, read 926,111 times
Again, depends on where you're comparing us too.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:43 AM

Southern California. Were you come from is the question! Just throwing out my observation from CA for people. A "relocation calculator" said for us it would be less 16%. We'll see!

Old 09-10-2008, 07:50 AM

16% for food........ *******mumbling about my stupid computer********

Old 10-09-2008, 01:09 AM

454 posts, read 1,225,042 times
I think Trader Joes and Whole foods are really expensive compared to most stores in the Springs. But if you want a pretty decent salad bar try out Golden Corral. I didn't believe it until me and my wife was looking for a decent salad place. Souper or Salad didn't impress my one bit at all. I honestly think the food here in the Springs can't compare to Cali. but with the cost of living in Cali. the way it is I deal with just okay food in the Springs.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:47 PM

112 posts, read 320,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
I SURE DO wish there was a Trader Joe's out there. The closest one is in Albuquerque. Kind of far for groceries.

Please help. Request for a Trader Joe's in COS, by going here:
Welcome to Trader Joe's - Your Neighborhood Grocery Store - Contact Us

And choosing the 'Location Requests' form.
There's no Trader Joes?!
Can you order from their site? I was just told I need to buy all my soap there.
><
Sent request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netmom View Post
You guys are going to laugh..... do you know the difference in food prices that I see compared to So Cal? Comparative price for fresh meat and veges but the meat looks better. On the shelf products! Wow what a difference! Much lower. Anybody else see that?
I wish I could buy groceries in California, still. I'd like some avocados that are huge, along with some delicious artichokes, and some organic radishes. No, we don't have ANY of them here in Colorado Springs. I bought three avocados last night for eighty-three cents each, and they were smaller than the palm of my hand, and I'm a pretty tiny girl. In California, I don't mind spending $2.50 for delicious RIPE Haas avocado, that's like the size of my entire hand, and could make a whole meal from one. The artichokes here are a joke. Could that have been why my girlfriend ate her first one in California? Probably. I don't know much about meat, other than I'd prefer to eat other things? Fish is kinda expensive.

No Winco, everyone? Winco is by far one of the best grocery stores around. Well, there's one in Reno. Huzzah! ;[

Old 10-20-2009, 12:57 PM

251 posts, read 572,122 times
Default Grocery Stores

Out of all the different grocery stores in the Springs-chains and/or independent, which do you find to be the best in terms of:
a.quality of produce
b.diversity of produce
c.selection of organic foods
d.selection of specialty foods (i.e. gluten free/dairy free/egg free/ and ethnic)
e.prices

There is a grocery store chain in wisconsin that is tops in all the above criteria, and i'm hoping to find one in the springs of equal or better.

thanks.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:15 PM

196 posts, read 564,218 times
King Soopers

Old 10-20-2009, 01:58 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Soopers is my usual supermarket.

Albertson's seems to have better seafood and deli counter.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:31 PM

641 posts, read 2,276,853 times
I stay away from Safeway....too expensive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs