Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2013, 09:50 AM

66 posts, read 180,126 times

Advertisements

Her mother is going to fly from California to Denver to meet my wife there (she is flying from Georgia). Anyway she says she's "just going to take a quick peek" at Denver for half a day then drive down to COS for 3 days.

She's going to do some of the typical things:

Find our type of housing (price range about $300k), check out schools, areas to live, and scope out 'downtown', see the shopping malls, and where the movies are, etc

Can you guys add anything else she should see and take pics of?

Garden of the Gods?

And..?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 11:11 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,167,339 times
Tell her not to expect much in the way of shopping malls. Our malls (Chapel Hills and Citadel) are old and tired mostly. There is the Shops at Briargate which is an outdoor mall, kind of nice. Some people prefer going up to Park Meadows (south end of Denver) for mall shopping. There is also an Outlet Mall in Castle Rock (between COS and Denver).

I would say to check out Manitou Springs and Old Colorado City, but Manitou may be a bit of a mess after the flooding from the past few days.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:36 AM

7,519 posts, read 13,624,634 times
Assuming that a relocation to COS is a done deal, have you done any research via the Internet ?? Point is to get a head start on where they want to spend their time. 3 days can go by pretty fast if you don't have a plan going in.

Housing =
Homes for Sale in Colorado | REcolorado
COhomefinder | Colorado's most popular real estate website
Find Real Estate, Homes for Sale & Houses for Rent - realtor.com®
Zillow: Real Estate, Apartments, Mortgage & Home Values in the US
Trulia - Real Estate, Homes for Sale, Apartments for Rent, Local data

StreetView in Google Maps https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Color...orado&t=m&z=10

Schools =
El Paso County School Districts
Colorado Springs, Colorado - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Town =
Colorado Springs, Colorado - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
City of Colorado Springs - HOME

Shopping =
Shopping in Colorado Springs

Movies =
Movie Theaters in Colorado Springs, CO on Yahoo! Local

And save the "tourist" spots for last if they still have time. They aren't going anywhere soon. Same with "a peek at Denver" if you are not going to live there. (The drive from DIA will give some flavor, especially they take the I-70 west to I-25 south route (not I-225) .

Good luck and have fun !

Old 08-12-2013, 11:43 AM

66 posts, read 180,126 times
Thank you both for the info and especially reed with all those details

yeah Ive spent a LOT of time researching COS. Its our #1 choice based upon a lot of factors, so I'm hoping her trip there will be fruitful and she will come back excited - it'll just seal the deal. I am moving from Georgia at the end of November or beginning of December, so our final decision is coming soon.

As I said, I research the area almost daily. I kind of have an idea of what/where we would like as far as living. I anticipate liking the area between Black Forest and Monument, or in either of those places - as well as all the new development east of Black Forest. I kind of need to be accessible to Denver (I might spend a day or two a week out there), however I just have a gut feeling I wouldn't like to LIVE in Denver (Ive been there. Was nice, but didn't awe me)

Anyway, I appreciate all the info. Ill pass it on to her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs