Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 10:07 AM

2,061 posts, read 4,119,332 times

Advertisements

another fun thing to do this weekend~~ butterflies and friends are back. 31 butterfies that have been decorated by local artists are displayed in the Colorado Springs area. go to Coloradosprings.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 03:28 PM

21 posts, read 36,994 times
I second the balloon classic this weekend at memorial park. Helen Hunt falls is in the same vicinity as Seven Falls, but it is free, and just as nice imo. Woodland Park: If you and your family are into hiking, the trail along rainbow gulch is absolutely breathtaking. It is out by rampart resevoir at the parking area before you get to the fee area. Its an extremely easy trail that ends Up following A pretty stream that feeds into the resevoir where you can do some fishing if you have the time. The temps are going to be lovely this weekend with the front moving in. Great time to visit.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:57 PM

6,801 posts, read 10,431,173 times
Is there a map or trail guide about Rainbow Gulch somewhere?

Old 08-30-2013, 05:12 PM

21 posts, read 36,994 times
I can't insert links from my phone, but if you google it there are several sites that have info on the trail. All i remember Is that rainbow gulch is about 2.5 miles roundtrip.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:50 AM

63 posts, read 112,929 times
Piggy backing on this thread (thanks for the great ideas of places to explore) but can someone give me cross streets of the Upper Skyway neighborhood and ONEN? I tried to map some of the borders listed on other posts and couldn't get anywhere. Thanks!

Old 09-02-2013, 12:41 PM

26,116 posts, read 48,726,501 times
Mama2, the ONEN map is here. The tree-lined streets there must be seen to be appreciated.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:29 PM

7,467 posts, read 13,465,024 times
If you have young kids that don't care for rocks and trees ;-)
here is another vote for North Pole/Santa's Village

North Pole, Colorado — Santa's Workshop Theme Park

check their schedule; they may be closed some weekdays at this time of year

Old 09-03-2013, 01:30 AM

87 posts, read 113,897 times
Well its been an awesome time so far. We got here Saturday afternoon (around 3pm). After checking in we just started to drive around. We ended up going to Garden of the Gods Saturday and it was amazing. However it started raining so we went to the Visitor Center and got some info for coming back Tuesday to do the trails. We ate some good thai food sat night and I got some good beer (left hand milk stout = awesome!). We went to seven falls Saturday night and that was a blast. Lots of cool views of the water falls.

Sunday we ventured out to woodland park (very scenic, you are surrounded by mountains) and went to the dinosaur center, we then ate at the hungry bear (great local place to eat, i highly recommend it). after that we headed west to the florissant fossil beds. It was awesome! We took a 1 mile trail and saw some cool petrified redwood tree stumps. It rained on our way back to Colorado Springs but it was awesome to see the clouds and thunderstorms pass right over us, very surreal experience.

Monday we drove up Pikes Peak. No one in my family had any breathing issues. The drive was insane. I usually don't care about heights. The first few miles were a breeze, and then when you reach the 11,000' mark that's when it gets crazy. There were tons of people on the road (because of the USAFA weekend), it was a beautiful day to go to the summit. We reached the summit and got some awesome pictures. We then had some clouds surround us at the top. I'm glad we drove because we were able to take our time at the top. If you take the COG railway you only have like 30 minutes to venture around and in my experience that is not enough to take pictures, go to the bathroom, get some refreshments and just relax. On the way down we stopped at a few locations and did some exploring around the rocks. When I live here I'm definitely going to hike to the top.

Monday afternoon/evening after Pikes Peak we went to Manitou Springs and walked around the downtown area. It was very cool. I got some Turkish Coffee (insanely strong, and I drink a lot of coffee!) and we just had a blast going into all the cool shops. The people we very nice and easy to talk to.

I can't wait for Tuesday. We are going to go to the Olympic Center, revisit Garden of the Gods (do some trails this time), look at some more houses in the downtown area that are very affordable and then maybe check out the cliff dwellings.

The people in this town are so awesome. I haven't met one person that was rude! Everyone is very welcoming. The only people that were not nice to us were the people that were tourists!

I am very impressed with this city and can easily see myself and my family living here. Colorado Springs thank you for the awesome time and for your politeness!

Old 09-03-2013, 07:23 AM

6,801 posts, read 10,431,173 times
Glad you've had a lovely weekend! Thanks for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs