Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 05:32 PM

21 posts, read 37,149 times

Advertisements

I'm still pretty new here, which means I don't know anyone that I can ask about things like this. So, thank you in advance for reading.

I will be starting my new job soon which is located near 30th and Garden of the Gods Rd. I will be driving in everyday from my temporary residence around PPiR(midway). Yuck! Anyway, is I 25 my only option to get there? Are there other routes that are more convenient should traffic be hairy due to an accident, weather etc?

Also, is this a pretty safe drive when the weather gets icy, snowy? Snow, no problem; I am more worried about ice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2013, 05:55 PM

114 posts, read 125,508 times
I 25 to Garden of the Gods Rd is about as direct and safe as you can get. Any other route will be a lot of intersections, turns, and traffic lights.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:59 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,007,205 times
There is no viable alternative, other than "Old Pueblo Road" into Fountain and then local roads on up.

I-25 will be okay for the vast majority of days.

If there's ice on I-25 (fairly rare), there will be ice on any nearby alternate route too.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:43 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,164,406 times
If the interstate jams up as you get close to Colorado Springs, there are various ways you could go to avoid a part of it, like take 30th down to Fontanero to 31st to Cimarron. From there you can get on the interstate, or you could still avoid it a bit by going down Nevada which turns into the 115 which you could take down to south Academy and pick up the interstate there.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:15 AM

6,813 posts, read 10,508,707 times
That's actually not a yucky commute - I-25 is not in construction, roads are usually clear, it is actually very easy and smooth from PPIR to GoG.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:46 PM

44 posts, read 46,415 times
Traffic here is a joke compared to other places. Take I-25. Even if you get a little stop and go, it's still better than taking the scenic route -- unless of course you don't mind that. The only bad thing about driving here (besides the tail-gaters) is the lights are sooooo slow to change. Of course, I am from Atlanta. Everything here seems slow to me which really ain't so bad. :-)

Old 09-10-2013, 01:37 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,370,184 times
What you need is a Mechanical Mole.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:37 PM

21 posts, read 37,149 times
Ah Ok, Beezle...that is what I was wondering. I needed to know where these exits would take me if I needed to leave I 25 due to an accident. It took almost an hour to go 10 miles A couple Of weeks ago because of a wreck. I was late for my job interview!

lol@mechanical mole

Thanks to everyone for the help. I appreciate ya

Old 09-10-2013, 11:55 PM

30 posts, read 43,977 times
"Fastest, least annoying" ? Telecommute!

Old 09-11-2013, 05:13 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,373,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flames2dust View Post
I'm still pretty new here, which means I don't know anyone that I can ask about things like this. So, thank you in advance for reading.

I will be starting my new job soon which is located near 30th and Garden of the Gods Rd. I will be driving in everyday from my temporary residence around PPiR(midway). Yuck! Anyway, is I 25 my only option to get there? Are there other routes that are more convenient should traffic be hairy due to an accident, weather etc?

Also, is this a pretty safe drive when the weather gets icy, snowy? Snow, no problem; I am more worried about ice.
Nope. The interstate is the only way to get in or out of midway, and yea, I lived there briefly, I share your sentiments lol. Only cool ing about midway is its one of the few places left without covenants, and you can shoot your guns and ride atv's without getting arrested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs