Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 05:26 PM

74 posts, read 121,556 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the information, I have been really thinking about Denver but I'm moving by myself but I do have some money saved up and I got a small income coming in from the army since I am getting out on medical but its just around 1100 a month, so im just trying to find a decent job that's pay around 13 or so an hour so I can still meet the same living as I was in the military, but its only going to be temporary because I plan on going to college as well. I just need a cheap studio or 1 bedroom apt if possible, nothing fancy but in a safe area. Now would Co Springs be a good idea cause Fort carson is right there or would Denver be a better idea since they have a lot of better jobs? By the way I am a huge Broncos fan and haven't been to a game since I was little lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 05:37 PM

Default Thinking about Moving to CO

Well a little about me, I'm 22 years old male, I have been in the Army for over 2 and a half years now, I'm stationed in Virginia but I'm getting out on medical due to my back, so I will have a small disability check coming in every month. I have been thinking about Denver and Co Springs, I know Denver has a lot more job opportunities but the cost of living is a little more. CO Springs has Fort Carson right there so I could still be able to use some benefits on base but I heard finding a job down there takes a long time. I'm looking to just rent a cheap studio or 1 bedroom apt or find someone looking for a roommate just to get myself started on my new life. I need opinions and advice on if I should move to Denver or CO Springs and yes I am a huge Broncos fan, I am originally from a really small town in Iowa and I was thinking about going there but the job market is terrible there and I want a fresh start

Old 11-29-2013, 05:49 PM

6,821 posts, read 10,510,104 times
I don't know what the data actually says about Denver having 'a lot of better jobs'. It is a larger area, and by virtue of being bigger, it has more jobs, and also more people. I think its growth rate has been a little higher than Colorado Springs'. I don't know if that translates to it really being noticeably harder to find a job in Colorado Springs. If you were in the military, you might actually have a leg up finding work in the Springs as there may be some networks or services you can more easily access in the Springs.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:01 PM

Please take the time and give some advice please

Old 11-29-2013, 06:45 PM

55 posts, read 110,346 times
I moved here in April and love it.
As for the Jobs, it depends on what you do or are prepared to do.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlegs View Post
I moved here in April and love it.
As for the Jobs, it depends on what you do or are prepared to do.
Well thats good, is the cost of living there pretty high? Hows the traffic, hopefully its not as bad as down south lol. Well I'm pretty much up to do any job to just get me started when i get there but i might go to school full time as well and use my GI Bill from the army.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
I don't know what the data actually says about Denver having 'a lot of better jobs'. It is a larger area, and by virtue of being bigger, it has more jobs, and also more people. I think its growth rate has been a little higher than Colorado Springs'. I don't know if that translates to it really being noticeably harder to find a job in Colorado Springs. If you were in the military, you might actually have a leg up finding work in the Springs as there may be some networks or services you can more easily access in the Springs.
Thanks, I'll have to look into it, and i know the area is better for attractions as well.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:47 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times
Real estate is expensive and the rental market is extremely tight. How much are you prepared to spend a month for rent? Do you have any savings if you don't land a job right away or will disability carry you?

Old 11-30-2013, 03:27 PM

6,821 posts, read 10,510,104 times
Depends on what you like in terms of attractions. Outdoor stuff except skiing is mostly closer in Colorado Springs. But if you're wanting to buy season tickets to major league sports, yes, I guess Denver has the advantage.

Old 11-30-2013, 07:09 PM

28 posts, read 54,870 times
Default Colorado Springs

Harlin

I'm also looking to move to Colorado Springs, but retiring and looking for a modest house to buy (two bedroom 2 bath one ranch style). You mentioned on your responses to avoid due east and southern parts of the city, but didn't say why. Are these locations crime areas? We're living in Cheyenne Wyoming at the moment. You mentioned Pueblo too is it a nice place to retire and find a job?

saddlerj
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs