Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2013, 08:46 PM

2 posts, read 7,472 times

Advertisements

[single male - mid 20s]

I'm moving from Omaha to C-Springs here in a couple months. I currently live in the Old Market in Omaha, and I'm looking for something similar (downtown apartments/lofts right next to the bars and restaurants). I'd like to find somewhere between Platte and Colorado Ave (up & down Tejon).

The only place I could find was Albany Apartments (228 N Tejon St). Does anyone know what that place is like? And is the parking garage right behind it available for permanent spots?

Are there any other apartments/lofts in that area? Or are there any other areas in C-Springs similar to the Omaha Old Market? I really love being able to walk back home from the bars on the weekend.

Any feedback is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 10:03 PM

409 posts, read 702,665 times
You'll be close to stuff on that block. There are bars just south, there are restaurants on the block, then Poor Richards (pizza, books, music) is on the block north. It's across from Acacia park. There are bums there, if that sort of thing bothers you. I've walked that block in the evenings, not alone though, and never felt threatened. You'd probably be ok there, as a single guy.

Also check out Old Colorado City. West Colorado Avenue from, oh, about 21st St. to 31st St. would probably fit your criteria. OCC is full of bars and restaurants, and little small business-type shops. I haven't walked around there at night.

But I just moved here this summer, and I'm an old married lady with two kids and I don't get to go to bars much anymore, so hopefully others will chime in too.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:56 AM

193 posts, read 355,597 times
My friend has a loft on Cascade and it's so cute and close to bars. I don't know of any actual apartment buildings, but would simply look in the 80903 zip for converted houses, etc.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:45 AM

641 posts, read 2,272,742 times
I've never lived in that area, but have seen the apartments on Tejon. They look okay from the outside. The only thing I would think of a problem is the constant noise, especially in the summer evenings. Folks outside, the music all the time, the cars on the street. I think it would be noisey all the time.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:27 AM

670 posts, read 1,048,844 times
The Albany is for older folks. Not lofts or what you are thinking of compared to Omaha's Old market. Our downtown in not quite as vibrant as that however there are some new lofts along Tejon that are really nice. They are owned properties (condos) but same come up as rentals from time to time. Check ppar.com and click on the rental link.

Also the Citywalk building on Kiowa street is all loft style condos and many of these are available for rent. Some have a garage space and all have off street secure parking. I have friend that lived in one of the west facing units on the 10th floor, it was really nice and the views were amazing.

Avenue West - Citywalk Downtown Lofts a link for info on Citywalk.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:59 PM

2 posts, read 7,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySkiesAbove View Post
The Albany is for older folks. Not lofts or what you are thinking of compared to Omaha's Old market. Our downtown in not quite as vibrant as that however there are some new lofts along Tejon that are really nice. They are owned properties (condos) but same come up as rentals from time to time. Check ppar.com and click on the rental link.

Also the Citywalk building on Kiowa street is all loft style condos and many of these are available for rent. Some have a garage space and all have off street secure parking. I have friend that lived in one of the west facing units on the 10th floor, it was really nice and the views were amazing.

Avenue West - Citywalk Downtown Lofts a link for info on Citywalk.
Great info! I'm definitely going to check out Citywalk because that's almost exactly what I'm looking for.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:50 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,154,143 times
If your search for rentals on PPAR.COM, you will find one in Citywalk - MLS 789107.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs